VoIP with SIP
Can anyone recommend a distro that has a working VoIP app with SIP? There is linphone for ub-ports that appears to be down ATM as is still not ported to arm64 from my understanding. Does anyone know of another?
I'd like to add to @Mangled question and ask if anyone knows any VOIP services that work with Linphone or other Linux sip VOIP clients. I've been doing a lot of research and most seem to want you to use their Android app, which won't work if you're not using Anbox (which in Ubuntu Touch is sandboxed and can't access camera or microphone anyway).

I'd be especially interested in finding cell phone providers that package VOIP with cell service using a native VOIP client.
Sipgate should work. It's been a while since I tried a software client, but it's fine with a SIP desk phone and with Asterisk. I hesitate to recommend them as they're rather backward in their encryption support. They have a bunch of different domain names covering different service levels and countries, but sipgate.com should get you started. I think they do mobile in a subset of the countries they cover.
Hi,
There's a new Sip app emerging for Sailfish OS called "S1p". Haven't had the chance to try it yet but it looks promising. Check it out below:

https://openrepos.net/content/unmaintained/s1p
baresip
1. You need to use a distro that supports glibc. Mobian does. PostmarketOS/AlpineLinux does not.
2. Build it from source so that you can patch the source to run scripts to mute/unmute channels on incoming/outgoing calls.
3. You'll also need to convert ringtones, audio files, etc into a format that the PinePhone supports.
4. Run it in kgx or konsole in a screen just in case kgx/konsole closes or crashes.
It is rock solid and stable. I'm using it in my practice everyday and I make a lot of calls.
I just need to make the screen automatically turn on/off between calls and standby.
Try http://www.diamondcard.us/ I used to call via them some time ago. May be they are still running. There is a service to get a number in virtually any country of the world Smile
I personally prefer modern solutions aka Riot Web, etc. For instance because SIP has several design security bugs Sad I wouldn't recommend it for personal use unless you are really an iptable pro Wink
(06-19-2020, 03:43 AM)Dmytro Wrote: Try http://www.diamondcard.us/ I used to call via them some time ago. May be they are still running. There is a service to get a number in virtually any country of the world Smile
I personally prefer modern solutions aka Riot Web, etc. For instance because SIP has several design security bugs Sad I wouldn't recommend it for personal use unless you are really an iptable pro Wink
I'm far from an iptables pro but I've used shorewall firewall ("iptables made easy") and it worked like a charm for me on several occasions when I've had complex routing challenges. Perhaps it would mitigate this challenge?
Anyone have experience with Twilio on PinePhone? I have good success with them for my PTSN telephone numbers connecting to Zoiper app on android. Would Twilio work with Linphone on Pinephone ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jami on Pinephone [ IM and VOIP ] p1trson 14 10,817 06-09-2022, 01:13 AM
Last Post: AndyM