User Tested Compatible Batteries
Hoping we can get a mod to sticky this eventually. Has anyone tested any 3rd party batteries on the Pine? If so can we get the dirty details here so others know what may work if they order one?
(05-06-2016, 06:11 AM)rahlquist Wrote: Hoping we can get a mod to sticky this eventually. Has anyone tested any 3rd party batteries on the Pine? If so can we get the dirty details here so others know what may work if they order one?

stick.
As a French user of the Pine64, I'd be really interested in knowing where I can find compatible batteries for the board since I can't buy it from the store.
(07-12-2016, 07:27 PM)manthis Wrote: As a French user of the Pine64, I'd be really interested in knowing where I can find compatible batteries for the board since I can't buy it from the store.

In general, most of the 3.7V Lithium and Lipo battery will work. Currently shipping logistic is nightmare due to shipping company worry on Lithium battery burn down their plane. We are currently explore on Amazon US and EU selling the battery. However, such arrangement will takes several weeks to establish.
I'm very surprised because I have ordered lipo batteries from Adafruit and other US based companies and never had any trouble with being delivered. Would you tell me if this is a two or three pins battery? I have not even checked yet where is the battery port on the board (or maybe I need to use gpio). I'll try to find something equivalent to the battery you sell on eBay but I'm waiting to get the tablet enclosure first in order to m ow how much room I'll have. I'll report compatibles batteries I will find.
3pin
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
does anyone know the minimum discharge rate a battery must have to be recognized by the system as a battery being attached to the board so the hardware power button will complete a boot/power on sequence and not shutdown as it will if a battery is not attached?
Not sure if this is exactly the right topic for this, but I've been running my pine w/ LCD off my Anker PowerCore 15600, and it runs the pine just fine. We've watched some youtube videos, and my next test (once cooler weather gets here) will be a full length movie. Even the cheap little chargers seem to run the pink just fine.