Manjaro 20.04 KDE update issue
This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.
Installation of a single package halts with the same message:

Code:
conflicting files:
nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so exists is this filesystem

(translated)

So basically I cannot update, but I can' t install packages either (like ntfs-3g, printer related packages and Thunderbird.

Can anybody help me resolve this, other then checking each individual package until I have found the culprit?

Thx!
there was a little linking issue in the nss package a short while ago, that creates this problem (see: https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1...ervention/)

The solution is posted there, but the short version is: run

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib\*/p11-kit-trust.so
(04-20-2020, 10:08 AM)mlentink Wrote: This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

So basically I cannot update, but I can' t install packages either (like ntfs-3g, printer related packages and Thunderbird.

Can anybody help me resolve this, other then checking each individual package until I have found the culprit?

Thx!

It is always a good idea to visit the manjaro forums as they provide instructions to update (such as https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-u...els/136479 ). The updates should be seamless but, you know, computers Smile
(04-20-2020, 10:42 AM)e-minguez Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 10:08 AM)mlentink Wrote: This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

Thx!

It is always a good idea to visit the manjaro forums as they provide instructions to update (such as https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-u...els/136479 ). The updates should be seamless but, you know, computers Smile

Oh... I just deleted that file... That worked too Smile
Thumbs Up 
(04-20-2020, 10:42 AM)e-minguez Wrote:

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

Thx!

Thanks.Simply deleting the offending file did the trick!
(04-20-2020, 10:31 AM)gleachkr Wrote: pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib\*/p11-kit-trust.so

Thanks, that command worked for me! I had the same problem after installing a new image on my upgraded emmc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 166 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Exclamation 'failed to open panfrost' after system update using archarm Puckla 1 212 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Puckla
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,605 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 213 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,913 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 291 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald