Manjaro 20.04 KDE update issue
This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.
Installation of a single package halts with the same message:

Code:
conflicting files:
nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so exists is this filesystem

(translated)

So basically I cannot update, but I can' t install packages either (like ntfs-3g, printer related packages and Thunderbird.

Can anybody help me resolve this, other then checking each individual package until I have found the culprit?

Thx!
there was a little linking issue in the nss package a short while ago, that creates this problem (see: https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1...ervention/)

The solution is posted there, but the short version is: run

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib\*/p11-kit-trust.so
(04-20-2020, 10:08 AM)mlentink Wrote: This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

So basically I cannot update, but I can' t install packages either (like ntfs-3g, printer related packages and Thunderbird.

Can anybody help me resolve this, other then checking each individual package until I have found the culprit?

Thx!

It is always a good idea to visit the manjaro forums as they provide instructions to update (such as https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-u...els/136479 ). The updates should be seamless but, you know, computers Smile
(04-20-2020, 10:42 AM)e-minguez Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 10:08 AM)mlentink Wrote: This is most probably due to my lack of familiarity with Arch/Manjaro but running Manjaro 20.04 KDE (from a sd-card flashed earlier today) I have a problem with an update. the system tells me there are 150 updates available and after pressing the key to start the update it starts downloading and checking integrity. Then it encounters an already exisiting file and quits with an error.

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

Thx!

It is always a good idea to visit the manjaro forums as they provide instructions to update (such as https://forum.manjaro.org/t/arm-stable-u...els/136479 ). The updates should be seamless but, you know, computers Smile

Oh... I just deleted that file... That worked too Smile
Thumbs Up 
(04-20-2020, 10:42 AM)e-minguez Wrote:

Code:
conflicting files:

(translated)

Thx!

Thanks.Simply deleting the offending file did the trick!
(04-20-2020, 10:31 AM)gleachkr Wrote: pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib\*/p11-kit-trust.so

Thanks, that command worked for me! I had the same problem after installing a new image on my upgraded emmc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hardware accelerated video decoding manjaro plasma markifi 0 330 07-14-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: markifi
  Help with Kali Linux wifi not working but works with Manjaro PineSupporter 1 318 07-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Last Post: greysuite
  Manjaro PBP stable update 2022-06-19 bricked wpeckham 2 334 06-30-2022, 10:03 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  How to make manjaro sleep or hibernate? KDE? regretfulpineuser 0 209 06-20-2022, 12:56 AM
Last Post: regretfulpineuser
  PBP won’t boot from eMMC after Debian update / Tow-Boot installer won’t boot from SD Pino64 21 1,825 05-12-2022, 05:00 AM
Last Post: Pino64
  Manjaro and Arch repository with privacy oriented software as400 86 71,955 04-27-2022, 07:44 AM
Last Post: annahellrothsparent
  Fresh Manjaro does not boot from eMMC pentamassiv 6 1,213 03-27-2022, 11:01 AM
Last Post: xNix
  Dual boot Manjaro and Debian? dieselnutjob 3 706 03-26-2022, 07:17 AM
Last Post: dieselnutjob
  Pinebook Pro w/ Manjaro KDE Random Freeze/Crash BenniTec 1 622 03-18-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: BenniTec
  Manjaro Gnome on Pinebook Pro Review! - My New Favourite Pinebook Pro Distro! ImmyChan 0 599 02-18-2022, 12:59 PM
Last Post: ImmyChan