New NVMe adapter showed up today!
Hi all,

Is there some sort of step by step on how to install this?  I have my NVMe drive and the new adapter but when I took the bottom plate off (using the nice guide) I wasn't sure where to put the thing.

Any help (esp with pictures) would be appreciated!  For example, do I somehow remove the existing storage in the upper right-hand corner (looking down with the hinge at the top) and attach the adapter's cable?  Where do I physically attach the adapter?  There doesn't seem to be a female screw attachment point on the adapter (just a hole) to hold the NVMe drive in place.

Thanks!
There are some pictures in the wiki.
  In the picture with PBP openned up, the adapter mounts to the right of the track pad.

The ribbon connector is a bit delicate on the motherboard (BE CAREFUL)

DanielT and wizard both have some Excellent pictures and description posts for installing this.
     (Possibly posted in November 2019 ? )

For me,  I have no problem mounting the drive to the adapter board,   but many have not understood that 'step'

The little piece with the slot in it, is also a double sided nut, the cut-out on your drive fits into that slot.
   (push the terminal end of your drive into the female connector on the adapter, the secure it with the post)

and the post is secured to the adapter board with a screw from the backside of the board.
    ( So you mount the drive to the adapter first,  then mount that into your PBP. )

IF you are mechanically inclined it should not be too difficult, 
                                                        but if it appears difficult,  perhaps ask someone for assistance.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Thanks!

Got the hardware installed. However it isn't showing up when i run a:

# lsblk

Any ideas what I need to do? Also, I tried modifying the u-boot on my microSD card that I installed Manjaro from to add support for the NVMe drive and all I still see are the eMMC and microSD card.

Thanks in advance!
@bceverly Please let us know the make and model of the NVMe drive you purchased.

Even an experienced computer person can make a selection mistake. M.2 drives can be SATA or NVMe protocol. Our Pinebook Pros only support NVMe, (the faster interface).

(I'm not saying this is the problem, just guessing it could be the problem.)
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
Sure

Thanks for the help. It is a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2242 DRAM-Less Low Power Internal High Performance SSD (SB-1342-1TB).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Working nVME gilwood 0 156 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  NVME problems 2022 / Intel 660p 1TB Starbug 1 1,419 04-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Thumbs Up NVMe adapter, Great addition dachalife 2 1,725 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  NVMe drives not detected mattpenn 12 10,044 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Last Post: mattpenn
  NVme intall usage? tkudog 2 2,794 03-04-2022, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
  Anyone selling a spare NVMe adapter in Europe? tom.tomasz 1 1,794 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tom.tomasz
  NVMe-related crashes and instability, plus a solution simonsouth 13 14,364 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: josmo
  Mini-Howto: ROCK64 USB 3.0 WIFI Adapter (Rabbit-ear) on Manjaro Dendrocalamus64 1 2,317 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  NVMe SSD testing methodology halogen 1 2,555 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: calinb
Question Battery stops charging and NVMe and other media disconnect randomly Eey0zu6O 4 4,633 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers