Partner Projects
(03-22-2020, 09:54 AM)rillian Wrote:
(03-21-2020, 12:51 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: By 'boot an image that supports encrypted devices', do you mean boot by MrFixit and launch the Thompson installer from it, except do not use the 'CRYPT=y' parameter when doing so?

If that is correct, do you mean to write installation to another USB/SD and then run the Thompson installer from that USB/SD and then write to eMMC the second time, and in that process add encryption with 'CRYPT=y'?

Yes, that's what I did, tedious, but worked great. No idea on the startup looping you're seeing though. Sad

Hm okay,
could it have something to do with the window manager seeing how it switches back to tty perhaps? What window manager did you install? I have tried both Cinnamon and Mate
the login loop could be related to the mesa packaging issues. try mesa-git.
(03-23-2020, 05:04 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: the login loop could be related to the mesa packaging issues. try mesa-git.

Not sure how I would do this, as I don't get to access the tty due to the graphical interface keeps looping. Even if I switch to a new tty it keeps looping.
(03-22-2020, 11:49 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: What window manager did you install? I have tried both Cinnamon and Mate

I'm using the gnome-desktop package, so gdm and gnome-shell..
rillian proposed solution for full disk encryption, of first booting MrFixit Debian from USB and then using Thompson Debian installer to an SD (or I guess another USB) un-encrypted, to then boot the un-encrypted Debian and run the Thompson installer from it once again and include the CRYPT=y worked fine and it boots.

I have tried several of the window managers which can be selected during install, but they all failed. Suggestion to use Gnome on the other hand worked well and the window manager also starts. Just a shame Gnome sucks Smile

Marking this issue as solved, hoping it will help anyone else looking for FDE on the Pinebook Pro.
Glad you got it working! Smile