PBP Complete Loss of Password Recognition
I am very sorry to report that my PBP has suddenly and inexplicably locked me out, it will Not recognize my passwords for any ID I have created, nor for the default rock ID.  

My guess is I will simply need to make a new boot stick and reload the OS?  

My daily use has just been to boot up, enable any machine and the Debian OS updates, and then proceed with using the machine.  Last session was trying out Geany as an IDE, and using the web to help with that.  I have not been pursuing any assembler coding, nor any similar thing that may have interfered with the OS password operations.  

So, I am here to ask for guidance, where do I download an ISO file of the default Debian OS please, and where are there instructions on making up a new OK install?
I believe the wiki has all the instructions you should need for guidance,
including a link to download the OS.

You may need to purchase an SD card, available online or at local stores.
or you could purchase a eMMC to usb adapter and flash the OS directly to your eMMC drive.

You do have some other options, such as if you have the eMMC out and on the eMMC to usb adapter,
perhaps you could repair the software on the drive via another computer... ?

I think there are probably a bunch of other methods possible as well.

Running from an SD card there are ways to access your eMMC drive and possibly "Rescue" the existing system.
The PBP boot priority is the SD card first....

Hope that helps
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-16-2020, 04:32 AM)THANK YOU bcnaz for your clear advice, but I accidentally found a solution by leaving the PBP off for a bit.  I will post the accident as I close this.  bcnaz Wrote: I believe the wiki has all the instructions you should need for guidance,
including a link to download the OS.

You may need to purchase an SD card, available online or at local stores.
or you could purchase a eMMC to usb adapter and flash the OS directly to your eMMC drive.

You do have some other options, such as if you have the eMMC out and on the eMMC to usb adapter,
perhaps you could repair the software on the drive via another computer... ?

I think there are probably a bunch of other methods possible as well.

Running from an SD card there are ways to access your eMMC drive and possibly "Rescue" the existing system.
The PBP boot priority is the SD card first....

Hope that helps

SOLVED!  A few login tries after I posted the above I noticed that the caps lock was causing some strange randomness in keying in the ID and Password.  So I offed the PBP and let it sit closed up and plugged in for an hour or so, and then once warm I very carefully watched the caps lock behavior as I successfully logged in.  No problems seem with keying with caps lock.  And PBP use appears normal.  

My conclusion is that the PBP was too cold coming directly from my pack, so some parts of the keyboard chain of events were impacted.  Not a very deep explanation, but the PBP now works.  :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oem password iwm 8 2,246 02-19-2023, 07:35 PM
Last Post: iwm
  new Pinebook Pro, complete confusion Yehuda 11 8,470 06-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Last Post: rimaille
  Graphical login hanging after password entry mhill8 2 3,274 03-29-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: jacksonliam341
  Forgot my Pinebook password. Booting from MIcroSD doesn't work. ksfoodforest 0 1,711 01-30-2021, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ksfoodforest
  [split] Change password from external media James Good 11 12,561 07-23-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Password change RedHaoredOmen 18 16,287 03-01-2020, 12:27 PM
Last Post: mainer
  Default user name and password? CryptoRick 2 7,251 02-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Last Post: FeMike
  chromium keyring password change or remove Moon1 10 11,884 02-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Moon1