Final edition availability
Can someone tell me when it is expected to have the final version of the PinePhone available/shippable?
There's a lot of factors (out of any control of PINE) that make that almost impossible to answer with any kind of accuracy. Have you already seen the February Community update blog post? Luke discusses the current state of production/shipping for all PINE products in it.
(02-17-2020, 08:12 AM)tophneal Wrote: There's a lot of factors (out of any control of PINE) that make that almost impossible to answer with any kind of accuracy.

I understand that there are things that are out of control of PINE. But there are some that are. For example the CE certification. Any planned changes in the hardware. The time how long the BraveHeart people will have to test, etc.

Any kind of roadmap would be nice. From a mangement perspective, it feels very wierd to me to have no roadmap at all. Even if there are things that are out of control (like corona virus), there must be any kind of plan when/what is expected to happen. Even if the timeframe is big (e.g. quarters instead of monthly precision) and *might* be interrupted again by corona v2, earthquake, whatever.
(02-17-2020, 08:22 AM)someGermanGuy Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 08:12 AM)tophneal Wrote: There's a lot of factors (out of any control of PINE) that make that almost impossible to answer with any kind of accuracy.

I understand that there are things that are out of control of PINE. But there are some that are. For example the CE certification. Any planned changes in the hardware. The time how long the BraveHeart people will have to test, etc.

Any kind of roadmap would be nice. From a mangement perspective, it feels very wierd to me to have no roadmap at all. Even if there are things that are out of control (like corona virus), there must be any kind of plan when/what is expected to happen. Even if the timeframe is big (e.g. quarters instead of monthly precision) and *might* be interrupted again by corona v2, earthquake, whatever.

From the community update:

Quote:The last bit of information related to the PinePhone I wish to discuss before proceeding to the next section concerns consumer-grade PinePhone changes and CE/ FCC certification. We expect to have the certifications in place later this month, which means that all future PinePhones will ship as certified devices. This is good news, since some places such as Germany require this type of certification on consumer products. As for changes to the hardware, there is a list of errata on the Wiki. To be clear, most of these issues are imperfect hardware implementations rather than major problems. We’ll work though as many of these errata for the final phone as possible while striving to maintain complete software compatibility with Braveheart phones. 

Similarly to the Pinebook Pro, we initially intended to start the production of the phones this month. As I’ve already explained in previous sections, it is much more likely that production will first begin in March. On the positive side, we have some super exciting things in stock for the PinePhone which we will be sharing with you shortly; we trust that this will more than make up for the pandemic-related manufacturing delays. 
I have overseen the "production will first begin in March", thanks!
My english is not the best, but when i understood that correct, that means the hardware production of the PinePhone "stable" will begin in march
(02-17-2020, 09:11 AM)someGermanGuy Wrote: I have overseen the "production will first begin in March", thanks!
My english is not the best, but when i understood that correct, that means the hardware production of the PinePhone "stable" will begin in march

That is their current projection, yes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,481 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  [Serious] Pinephone availability in volumes? oobdev 4 1,508 04-03-2023, 10:39 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Tow-boot on Pinephone beta edition saddamus 10 5,097 09-11-2022, 02:43 PM
Last Post: saddamus
  Pinephone availability in volumes? oobdev 1 1,001 09-09-2022, 01:47 AM
Last Post: oobdev
  WTS: (Rarely used) Pinephone Beta Edition with Convergence Package - DHL shipping vatin 3 1,903 05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: vatin
  Selling Pinephone PostmarketOS Convergence Edition pentamassiv 0 1,032 03-22-2022, 06:33 PM
Last Post: pentamassiv
  Selling original PinePhone postmarkedOS edition, 3GB RAM, keyboard cover + more ajtakrajta 4 2,754 02-23-2022, 10:34 AM
Last Post: lot378
  Selling Pinephone Convergence Edition gibeya6220 0 975 01-03-2022, 05:53 AM
Last Post: gibeya6220
  Pinephone Pro availability bcnaz 2 1,291 12-01-2021, 09:10 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  PinePhone to sell ; Community Edition Manjaro + Convergence Package Gribouille 6 4,964 11-28-2021, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Gribouille