GPS
(09-15-2016, 03:58 AM)Jessica Spongekipper Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 08:10 AM)JasperBrown Wrote: No - but:

"The u‑blox Android GNSS Solution is available free of charge. The royalty‑free u‑blox Android GNSS driver is licensed for reuse in customer products and available from u‑blox upon request. The u‑center Android solution supports all USB/UART, DDC, SPI based u‑blox 5 to u‑blox M8 GNSS receivers and works with Android versions 2.3 to 5.1."
https://www.u-blox.com/en/product/u-center-android

The Pine64 has UART - SPI - USB.

Maybe this helps you.

Just tried to download the U-centre evaluation app from PlayStore and get "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Any idea why ?

I've seen that more times than I can keep track of with the android images for the Pine, rooted or unrooted.

Try using aptoide and the app should work. I downloaded it from there as a test, don't have any u-blox devices connected, so couldn't do much more than confirm the app was available from that alternate location and installed properly.

Use appropriate caution with Aptoide, as its a little more open and loose than the play store, and a little riskier.
Tried that just now myself, and it looks like it may not work anyway, as the app descriptioneven talk about being meant to work with internal GPSs... although that probably doesn't count if you 'internally connect a GPS to the pine64"? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin There may also be an issue of it expecting data in a specific format, as ublox GPSs also have a binary data mode (rather than NMEA), which it might be expecting.

I tried the "You Are Here GPS" Math43 said earlier in the thread was working... I'd be curious to know which UART he connected the GPS too, as it my ublox is not being detected, and is at the right baud rate, outputting standard NMEA sentences, and had a 3D fix.

And btw, the "Your device isn't compatible with this version" message can also sometimes mean exactly that, and also sometimes not be the case! When stuff is published to the Play store, the developer selects what devices the app is for... and if the pine64 architecture is not on the list for that particular app.... it won't let you install it... hence the need to resort to APK installs, to get rid of the App Store imposed restriction. Of course, that won't help if the app really isn't compatible! Big Grin

(09-15-2016, 07:11 PM)DonFL Wrote: Try using aptoide and the app should work. I downloaded it from there as a test, don't have any u-blox devices connected, so couldn't do much more than confirm the app was available from that alternate location and installed properly.
What does work is the Global 353S4 with tom tom mobile maps the trick is to run you are here app in the background first then open map once you are connected to you are here .