rate button shows javascript:void(0)
I recently had a question answered by a forum member and wanted to give them rep, but the rate button shows javascript:void(0). Initially I used icecat, so I thought maybe that button requires nonfree javascript, but in firefox, with pine64 allowed to run java (and fontawesome I think it was) it still says javascript:void(0).

I noticed that it tried to load fonts.gstatic.com, which I didn't allow, but it doesn't seem that a font would cause this issue.

One other thing, in icecat, when posting I've noticed it calling googleapis. It surprises me that any googleapis would be called. NoScript in FF doesn't show anything from googleapis so I'm not sure what would be loading. Does the rate button call some googleapi by chance? I believe I have googleapis blocked at my firewall, that makes me think maybe the rate button calls them, but again that would be really surprising to me.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: It just occurred to me it's probably due to my junior member status that I can't give rep, and after looking through the forum rules, I see that this post won't be seen today also because of my junior status. I think I get it now. Confirmation would be good but I'm pretty sure I have it figured out. I'll go over the forum rules so I don't ask any more questions that are answered there.
I am still curious about gstatic fonts and googleapis though, so any answers there would be appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Article] QuickJS JavaScript Engine on a Real-Time Operating System (Ox64 + NuttX) lupyuen 0 193 02-17-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
Question Liberating PINE64.org's JavaScript User 18618 0 1,721 10-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Last Post: User 18618