Charging issues and battery life
This is perhaps two issues.

1. The battery does not last very long. Perhaps this is because the display is kept on all the time displaying the time and etc.

2. When you plug it into USB and it is on, it does not seem to charge, so it eventually powers off. Then if you plug it back in, it will start charging.
1. As I understand it there is little to no powersaving features. I have not checked yet (but will try to remember to do) but my guess is that the cpu and gpu is running @full speed all the time. This along with screen on, wifi and modem on etc will ad up to maybe 2-3h of on screen time. Things will surely change in the future.
2. Make sure you use a good charger, 5V 3A is nice.
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(02-12-2020, 12:55 PM)murak Wrote: 1. As I understand it there is little to no powersaving features. I have not checked yet (but will try to remember to do) but my guess is that the cpu and gpu is running @full speed all the time. This along with screen on, wifi and modem on etc will ad up to maybe 2-3h of on screen time.  Things will surely change in the future.
2.  Make sure you use a good charger, 5V 3A is nice.

Well, something seems to be wrong here: The phone gets quite warm and will suck a 10,000 mAh power bank wit a 2A USB empty withing 2 hours (plus its own battery also).

PMOS did not do this to start with, only started after I played with it for a while. I wonder if there is one particular app that uses all this energy.
I suspect there are all kinds of permutations of chargers and OS installations that will make this hard to compare.

Nonetheless my limited 6p: pmOS/Plasma seems OK to me. With a USB dongle plugged in the charger (plain old, no PD) couldn't cope and the battery % was falling as I worked. Plugging the charger directly into PP gets % increasing. I have noticed pmOS/Plasma does screensave and eventually screenlock: during these phases battery charge increment is rapid.

So far I have been sitting with charger continually connected.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(02-12-2020, 02:22 PM)Zweitaktmotor Wrote: Well, something seems to be wrong here: The phone gets quite warm and will suck a 10,000 mAh power bank wit a 2A USB empty withing 2 hours (plus its own battery also).

PMOS did not do this to start with, only started after I played with it for a while. I wonder if there is one particular app that uses all this energy.

This is rather silly, but it seems to me that mobile data is always on even if it is switched off in Settings. Any Android phone will run down its battery in the same way.

I am sure there is a terminal command, but I am not very good at this.

Ultimately, perhaps it needs an automatic switch between Wifi and mobile data, depending on availability.
possibly try using the cable that came with the phone if you are not already.
If it's plugged into a computer it will only get 5V 0.5A which is not enough to actually charge so it slowly discharges.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues after installing latest PostMarket OS with POSH xen314 4 1,202 08-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: xen314
  Battery issues user641 3 1,103 07-17-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Boots To Shell After Dead Battery (PMOS) britelite 0 667 02-17-2023, 02:41 PM
Last Post: britelite
  Pinephone 64 PostMarketOS edition Battery Issues, Not Hardware Issue X0X0X0X0X0 1 1,306 02-11-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: acid andy
  Pinephone 64 PostMarketOS edition Battery problem Alejandro.SU 9 8,373 12-22-2020, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Alejandro.SU
  pmbootstrap issues IVp 3 5,157 09-24-2020, 02:24 AM
Last Post: Pinethom
  should charging through the USB hub work? desca 1 2,776 09-17-2020, 02:35 PM
Last Post: desca
  unable to boot the phone with PM OS after battery has completely discharged nieral 1 2,943 08-24-2020, 06:34 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut
  Battery life and ways to improve - request for official statement p1trson 0 2,042 03-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Last Post: p1trson