Making Calls
I was able to dial out and get my other mobile to ring, but when I answered the call, I had no sound transmitted between the two.
Untill now no such luck. I am trying to connect to my provider (lycamobile >> data.lycamobile.nl and seems to need a password ?!?)
ofono is running but reports status crashed ?!?

I am no trying to find out how to troubleshoot the modem.
I googled all the errors in de dialerlog and no luck yet

On de modem page in PostmarketOS it forgets my settings and jumps back to te placeholder reference. And forgets my checkboxes.

If anybody has some hints for me to tackle this problem any help is greatly appreciated.

Started from the pmbootstrap and have done all the updates

Mike
Amsterdam
To Zweitaktmotor : exactly the same for me. I installed alsamixer and set the volume for all the tracks but still no sound.
To Mike_Muis : don't know if it can help you but this is what I did to make call and internet 3g works.
I started by following the instruction of the Modem chapter in the pm wiki.
Code:
sudo apk add py3-dbus
sudo pip3 install ofonoctl
ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns
The last command gave me an IndexError. After rebooting, it was OK.
Then I run :
Code:
ofonoctl poweron
ofonoctl online
udhcpc -i wwan0
The last command is to receive an IP address. You can check by running
Code:
ifconfig
Hope this can help.
the py3-dbus/pip3 thing isn't needed anymore, ofonoctl is now available in the binary repository.

Code:
$ apk add ofonoctl
$ ofonoctl poweron
$ ofonoctl online
$ ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns
you can also check the wan or modem status with these commands:
Code:
$ ofonoctl list
$ ofonoctl wan

And for the third point, ifconfig has been deprecated for a decade now it's `ip a`now
Thanks a lot Petrus and Martijn this was al the help i needed.

I totaly missed the modem bit in the wiki.
I read sending and receiving texts en skipped on to the next chapter.

Mike
Hey, I tried doing this and still can't connect to my carrier (I verified that they accept my IMEI, they are fully compatible with 4G LTE max speed).

pinephone:~# sudo apk add ofonoctl
pinephone:~# ofonoctl wan --connect --append-dns
and when that failed
pinephone:~# ofonoctl poweron
pinephone:~# ofonoctl online
did nothing to fix it

Well, ofonoctl can see that the SIM is registered to Mint Mobile in status, but it can't get an IP address. I think this is because I need to do some initial APN settings first:

1. Cellular Data:
Name – Ultra
APN – Wholesale
Proxy – (leave blank)
Port – 8080
Username & Password – (leave blank)
Server – (leave blank)

2. MMS:
MMSC – http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy – (leave blank)
MMS Port – (leave blank)
MCC – 310
MNC – 260
Authentication Type – (leave blank)
APN Type – default,supl,mms

But I don't know where to put them.

P.S. Do we still need these configs?: https://pastebin.com/5cPuPQz2 and https://megous.com/dl/tmp/modem.txt (correction: that specific one was never needed, turning off the modem is needed) or are they obsolete now that the modem should "just work"?
*.*.* PinePhone BraveHeart edition w/ distro: Debian + Phosh // GuixOS, Debian, Arch // pocket linux enthusiast // washed up sysadmin *.*.*
I finally got my Pine Phone UBPorts Edition. I received mine on the 25th of June and have done a little bit of searching and researching. It's a bit embarrassing to say, but my friends and family have been looking forward to this new phone because my previous phones were dropping calls (Nokia N9, through no fault of its own, but due to T-mobil updating its frequencies) or cutting off after 10 secs.. (Kingrow K1 the e-ink phone)..Am beginning to think that it's my stupid Karma with phones. Even with the stable version of Postmarket OS (6/28/20) loaded, i am unable to speak or hear the phone call i make. my screen shows 4G, the phone I dial rings, but that is it. I know the sound on this phone works. what am I doing wrong?
(06-30-2020, 01:30 PM)HLing Wrote: I finally got my Pine Phone UBPorts Edition.  I received mine on the 25th of June and have done a little bit of searching and researching.  It's a bit embarrassing to say, but my friends and family have been looking forward to this new phone because my previous phones were dropping calls (Nokia N9, through no fault of its own, but due to T-mobil updating its frequencies)  or cutting off after 10 secs.. (Kingrow K1 the e-ink phone)..Am beginning to think that it's my stupid Karma with phones.  Even with the stable version of Postmarket OS (6/28/20) loaded, i  am unable to speak or hear the phone call i make.  my screen shows 4G, the phone I dial rings, but that is it.  I know the sound on this phone works.  what am I doing wrong?
According to this issue: No 4G Calling, forcing the SIM card to use 2G or 3G will now allow calls to work.
(07-06-2020, 02:43 AM)adjivas Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 01:30 PM)HLing Wrote: I finally got my Pine Phone UBPorts Edition.  I received mine on the 25th of June and have done a little bit of searching and researching.  It's a bit embarrassing to say, but my friends and family have been looking forward to this new phone because my previous phones were dropping calls (Nokia N9, through no fault of its own, but due to T-mobil updating its frequencies)  or cutting off after 10 secs.. (Kingrow K1 the e-ink phone)..Am beginning to think that it's my stupid Karma with phones.  Even with the stable version of Postmarket OS (6/28/20) loaded, i  am unable to speak or hear the phone call i make.  my screen shows 4G, the phone I dial rings, but that is it.  I know the sound on this phone works.  what am I doing wrong?
According to this issue: No 4G Calling, forcing the SIM card to use 2G or 3G will now allow calls to work.
Thank you, Adjivas for your reply.  I have since looked to Mobian. I have T Mobile in the USA. My e-ink phone K1 was only able to use the 2G/3G network (it was that phone's limitation with GSM) , and is a nightmare.  With Mobian on my pine phone it shows right away 4G signal. I am able to not only call the number, but also speak on the phone. (up to this point, with other OSs I could ring the phone, but not have any idea of whether anyone had picked up, much less to speak and have a conversation)
Just a note, with the latest stable branch I was able to answer an call with a 4G signal and have audio working in both directions, both speakers and mic, automatically.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot send or receive calls insidetrip101 2 1,667 11-04-2022, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mob
  Calls don't work on Softbank. Cellular data & SMS work. yasmi 1 1,615 03-24-2022, 04:10 AM
Last Post: yasmi
  Making Consoles Great Again jmorris 0 1,861 10-31-2020, 04:53 PM
Last Post: jmorris
  sxmo image Verizon calls and SMS work! Saliency 8 8,683 08-22-2020, 03:28 AM
Last Post: PureTryOut