Manjaro/KDE: Turning off internal keyboard and is a replacement part possible?
So I accidentally spilled a cup of joe smack dab on my PBP's laptop like a clumsy moron.  I immediately shut the machine down and pulled power.  Then I opened the system up to dry anything out by hand and let it sit and dry for 48 hours before putting back together.

I'm mainly using Manjaro via SD card but will probably move off a card for performance reasons.

My busted keyboard will sporadically type of 7's and then stop.  Is there an easy way to disable the internal keyboard in the settings?  Quick searches didn't yield any answers on first glance.

I'm also assuming that there are no parts available to replace a broken keyboard and that I'm SOL.

Sorry, if this is a basic question as I'm basically a Linux desktop noob.

Thanks!
Being late but... did you try to clean the keyboard with distilled water ?

pretty sure there is still something sticky inside of it.
(02-07-2020, 09:42 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: So I accidentally spilled a cup of joe smack dab on my PBP's laptop like a clumsy moron.  I immediately shut the machine down and pulled power.  Then I opened the system up to dry anything out by hand and let it sit and dry for 48 hours before putting back together.

I'm mainly using Manjaro via SD card but will probably move off a card for performance reasons.

My busted keyboard will sporadically type of 7's and then stop.  Is there an easy way to disable the internal keyboard in the settings?  Quick searches didn't yield any answers on first glance.

I'm also assuming that there are no parts available to replace a broken keyboard and that I'm SOL.

Thanks!

Pine store not yet setup the replacement spare parts for Pinebook Pro. Please contact sales@pine64.org for the Pinebook Pro bottom case with keyboard replacement quote and they can make the arrangement. My takes the price should be similar to Pinebook spare part price (except the two prices of Magnesium alloy top and bottom cover piece which cost higher).
Rubbing alcohol works great for cleaning electronics too
(02-16-2020, 01:07 PM)matze79 Wrote: Being late but... did you try to clean the keyboard with distilled water ?

pretty sure there is still something sticky inside of it.

That's a good point, the coffee wasn't black and had some half-and-half in it that time.  I'll have to try that out and open each key individual problem key.

(Shame that it happened right then, too, as I was getting into the groove of using it.  I had the system mostly set up the way I liked it.  Pretty cool computer.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.

(02-17-2020, 11:52 AM)tllim Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 09:42 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: So I accidentally spilled a cup of joe smack dab on my PBP's laptop like a clumsy moron.  I immediately shut the machine down and pulled power.  Then I opened the system up to dry anything out by hand and let it sit and dry for 48 hours before putting back together.

Thanks!

Pine store not yet setup the replacement spare parts for Pinebook Pro. Please contact sales@pine64.org for the Pinebook Pro bottom case with keyboard replacement quote and they can make the arrangement. My takes the price should be similar to Pinebook spare part price (except the two prices of Magnesium alloy top and bottom cover piece which cost higher).

Ah, OK, gotcha.  I'll try that avenue if the I can't get the keyboard to work via the individual sticky key cleaning route.

From what I can tell, nothing got (possibly) damaged other than keyboard.  So, the system is fairly resilient at least.  If I did that to a MacBook, it probably would have been much worse—even if I had pentalobe security screw drivers to open the system up.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 168 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,607 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 215 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,917 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 292 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 746 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 1,913 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,853 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 709 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez