PBP restarts unexpectedly
I can't seek the problem.
Some time ago it seems to me that this happens while wifi malfunction.
But now I can't say it is so.
Who have such a problem?
both issues of wifi disconnections and unexpected reboots have been reported on the default install. not just you.
(02-01-2020, 04:18 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: both issues of wifi disconnections and unexpected reboots have been reported on the default install. not just you.
Where can I read about it?
How to solve the problem?
Pinebook Pro, standard config (Manjaro)
(02-02-2020, 02:10 AM)osmukhin Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 04:18 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: both issues of wifi disconnections and unexpected reboots have been reported on the default install. not just you.

regarding crashing WiFi: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8822
(02-03-2020, 12:32 AM)vrabac Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 02:10 AM)osmukhin Wrote:

regarding crashing WiFi: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8822

Very interesting!
But  crashes not WiFi, but PinebookPro!
It hangs for 5 second and then restarts.

Have anyone fixed the bug?
Who can say what to do?
To be or not to be?
doing the system upgrade (mrfixit update) is probably the best chance to fix the issue, as this often pulls a new kernel, with presumably some positive changes.
I noticed this today on the newer Fedora image. I don’t recall ever seeing this before so I assumed it was something with the image. I would say it isn’t a hardware issue.
(02-09-2020, 11:03 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: doing the system upgrade (mrfixit update) is probably the best chance to fix the issue, as this often pulls a new kernel, with presumably some positive changes.

Do our dearest mrfixit knows about this bug?

Sometimes PBP restarts every 10-15 minutes.
i don't know, but with the default install that is the arranged method an issue like this would likely be fixed.

does anyone know if these issues are also present on armbian or other 4.4 kernels?