battery protection
Hi,

Luke told us in a previous message that a tab had been put in place to prevent the phone from accidentally turning on during transport.

The thickness of this tab pushes on the connectors and therefore once removed the contact between the connectors and the battery are no longer properly made.

This is really a big problem because the end user won't necessarily be a handyman...

@+ Christophe
Do you have this problem on your phone? I will check my Brave Heart ones it gets here.
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
Mine doesn't have this problem. The battery worked properly after removing the tab.
A couple of days ago on IRC there was some discussion about the battery in 1 developer edition handset being exceptionally hard to remove. The avoidance there was to loosen one of the screws holding the mid-plane chassis, but the engineers were curious about the sporadic nature of the problem. I wonder if this is related, i.e. if @chris_02 battery fit is tighter than average?

Watch this space!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Got my brave heart yesterday and the plastic battery protection piece was easy to remove once I took the battery out. There is glue on it so pulling it out without taking the battery out first might bend the pins.
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(01-30-2020, 04:13 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: A couple of days ago on IRC there was some discussion about the battery in 1 developer edition handset being exceptionally hard to remove. The avoidance there was to loosen one of the screws holding the mid-plane chassis, but the engineers were curious about the sporadic nature of the problem. I wonder if this is related, i.e. if @chris_02 battery fit is tighter than average?

Watch this space!

I had the same problem.  Even after loosening the surrounding screws it took a little careful prying to get it out.  I was able to remove the plastic piece and replace the battery but it's still difficult to get out without a small screw driver to pry it out.
(02-08-2020, 04:36 PM)PineDrone Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 04:13 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: A couple of days ago on IRC there was some discussion about the battery in 1 developer edition handset being exceptionally hard to remove. The avoidance there was to loosen one of the screws holding the mid-plane chassis, but the engineers were curious about the sporadic nature of the problem. I wonder if this is related, i.e. if @chris_02 battery fit is tighter than average?

Watch this space!

I had the same problem.  Even after loosening the surrounding screws it took a little careful prying to get it out.  I was able to remove the plastic piece and replace the battery but it's still difficult to get out without a small screw driver to pry it out.

No problem removing !
Did you remove the battery lifting from the lower end where there is the little notch, 
NOT the contact end of the battery.!
    Possible to damage the contacts if you lift it from the top end..!

“Sent from my Brave Heart Phone"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
+1 to removing the battery before attempting to remove the tab - maybe the instructions regarding the tab removal should highlight this?

The tab has adhesive covering it's entire under surface - so I would think a lot of force would be required to remove it with the battery in place.

My battery was quite tight as well - I leveraged it with a screqdriver as gently as I could from the notched end opposite the contacts.
My battery is lovely - I wonder how many problems are from folks who have not had a removable battery before?

Anyway, for anyone concerned see the Rob Braxman video starting 6'15" in.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
Perhaps the battery is sometimes out of spec. Mine: 76.04mm. Fits fine. Initially tight.

soyrunner

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Megi's Kernel and Battery Life biketool 3 2,062 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  PinePhone Pro battery life Barugon 17 15,133 07-29-2022, 09:23 AM
Last Post: prog-amateur
  postmarketOS fixed battery issues Deadladyofclowntown 1 1,481 06-23-2022, 02:44 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Phone won't suspend, battery drains quickly nelstomlinson 12 6,952 04-05-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Anna
  The modem switch affects the connection to battery? JohnDoe 2 1,943 03-30-2022, 12:02 AM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  improve battery life on pine phone beta? taoschx 0 1,040 02-28-2022, 06:24 AM
Last Post: taoschx
  Guide to power off the Pinephone on low battery Ulfnic 1 1,511 02-06-2022, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Ulfnic
Question Is there a way to increase the battery life of the PinePhone? Avisando 18 11,838 01-22-2022, 11:55 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Battery Charger? JesusGod-Pope666.Info 9 6,285 12-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: JesusGod-Pope666.Info
  Battery life: Maybe really a hardware issue? KNERD 34 20,959 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton