Pinebook Pro Revised Keyboard Firmware
(01-29-2020, 07:34 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: I'm still diggin into the touchpad interfacing, but I think I've had some luck in making it a bit more usable with the current firmware by adjusting the MinSpeed of the driver:

Code:
synclient MinSpeed=0.25

This seems to make it a little more natural to grab window corners (for me).

This is an awesome bit of kit. Absolutely improves corner grabbing. Do you now if this setting will be saved on reboot? If not, is there a config file to modify, or do I just add it to a start up script? Honestly thanks again for this find.
synclient changes aren't persistent, you'll have to run the command every time you log in. (Also, synclient is only effective under X11, not Wayland.)
(01-30-2020, 11:44 PM)linusfargo Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 07:34 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: I'm still diggin into the touchpad interfacing, but I think I've had some luck in making it a bit more usable with the current firmware by adjusting the MinSpeed of the driver:

Code:
synclient MinSpeed=0.25

This seems to make it a little more natural to grab window corners (for me).

This is an awesome bit of kit. Absolutely improves corner grabbing. Do you now if this setting will be saved on reboot? If not, is there a config file to modify, or do I just add it to a start up script? Honestly thanks again for this find.

(01-31-2020, 01:26 AM)Solra Bizna Wrote: synclient changes aren't persistent, you'll have to run the command every time you log in. (Also, synclient is only effective under X11, not Wayland.)

I'm not sure if it's the recommended way, but adding this to /etc/X11/xorg.conf worked for me (in X11):

Code:
    Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

Option "MinSpeed" "0.25"
    EndSection

I don't have any experience with Wayland - if someone is able to configure this with Wayland, please share!
I am on sway/wayland/mesa-git and don't have any issues with the trackpad at all. honestly it has been difficult understanding exactly what the issues are experienced by others.

using revised keyboard update and added input block to sway config for touchpad have been my changes.

the only annoyance I have is avoiding use of tty3 due to F3 acting wonky with the revised keyboard firmware.
(01-31-2020, 07:28 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: ...

I'm not sure if it's the recommended way, but adding this to /etc/X11/xorg.conf worked for me (in X11):

Code:
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "touchpad catchall"
Driver "synaptics"
MatchIsTouchpad "on"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

Option "MinSpeed" "0.25"
EndSection

I don't have any experience with Wayland - if someone is able to configure this with Wayland, please share!
Perfect. I've added both this and the "synclient MinSpeed=0.25" to the Wiki;

Wiki - Pinebook Pro - X-Windows trackpad tuning

As usual, feel free to correct, improve or comment, (good or politely bad).
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(01-28-2020, 11:52 AM)jackhumbert Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:28 AM)as400 Wrote: @jackhumbert -  I have updated ANSI keyboard before (with oem files). Can I just run last step of your instructions - ./updater flash-kb-revised ansi ?

Yeap! `sudo` should be needed I think.

(01-28-2020, 02:05 AM)ssfrfr@ Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:18 PM)jackhumbert Wrote: If you have any bug reports or suggestions for other features, feel free to open an issue/PR in the repo, or discuss things here!

I'd be happy to test out a dvorak mapping, or even generate one if needed -- I recently built a keyboard, and having hardware dvorak is really nice.

The documentation says the .asm files aren't -- does that apply to the .a51 files?

Having a comprehensive way of remapping keys would be awesome, particularly if it could be as easy as Soarer's converter for simple mods, but with the ability to do more ornate mappings (Fn-key, maybe even layers) as well.

I've started converting these assembly-ish files into c code and keymaps that can actually be compiled with sdcc: https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...c/keymaps/ - hopefully the format I have here makes sense. This branch isn't thoroughly tested yet, so please be careful when thinking about flashing from `c_source` (`master` is stable). I've only created ANSI versions for now since that's all I'm able to personally test at this time. Theoretically we can create an ISO mapping using the ANSI .hex file as a base (as opposed to the ISO one), but I'm not sure if there's any other differences yet.

it'd be nice to have the updater able to flash arbitrary .hex files instead of needing to rename and recompile each time. Ideally we can have a bunch of keymaps in here for people to flash/try out based on what they want.
Please PM your address, phone number and email address (for shipping purpose). I will ask shipping team to dispatch an ISO PBP to you. Thanks on the awesome task. On the trackpad info, I will try to get more info from trackpad vendor.
(02-01-2020, 12:55 AM)tllim Wrote: Please PM your address, phone number and email address (for shipping purpose). I will ask shipping team to dispatch an ISO PBP to you. Thanks on the awesome task. On the trackpad info, I will try to get more info from trackpad vendor.

That would be awesome! Just shot you an email Smile I think I have a lot of the trackpad interface (within the keyboard firmware) figured out - I don't know how much is customisable outside the trackpad itself, but maybe configuring it at the OS level will be sufficient.
(02-01-2020, 12:55 AM)tllim Wrote: Please PM your address, phone number and email address (for shipping purpose). I will ask shipping team to dispatch an ISO PBP to you. Thanks on the awesome task. On the trackpad info, I will try to get more info from trackpad vendor.

!!!!

Glad I've hitched my cart to the Pine64 horse... that is just not the sort of thing that happens in a proprietary ecosystem. Big Grin Now I can look forward to custom keymaps on my ISO PBP too...!

(02-01-2020, 08:08 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: I think I have a lot of the trackpad interface (within the keyboard firmware) figured out - I don't know how much is customisable outside the trackpad itself, but maybe configuring it at the OS level will be sufficient.

I know my problem [probably] won't be solved through synclient alone. MinSpeed=0.25 does help slightly, but the temporal displacement is still a major pain. I looked at the other options and didn't see anything relevant. I'm almost totally sure that mine is a problem only with a few specific units. If it were possible, I'd purchase another trackpad to see if replacing the hardware makes my problem go away.
(01-28-2020, 11:52 AM)jackhumbert Wrote: it'd be nice to have the updater able to flash arbitrary .hex files instead of needing to rename and recompile each time. Ideally we can have a bunch of keymaps in here for people to flash/try out based on what they want.

I modified colmak_ansi.c into dvorak_ansi.c, and it works fine so far.

How would you like contributions submitted?

(Oh, we can attach files.  Attached.)

Attached Files
.txt   dvorak_ansi.c.txt (Size: 4.54 KB / Downloads: 488)
(02-04-2020, 02:32 AM)ssfrfr@ Wrote: I modified colmak_ansi.c into dvorak_ansi.c, and it works fine so far.

How would you like contributions submitted?

(Oh, we can attach files.  Attached.)

Nice! I'm not sure how familiar you are with Github, but you can create a fork and pull request to the repo: https://github.com/jackhumbert/pinebook-...rc/keymaps - if you make once you add it, you can add the .hex file to the repo too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 229 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 179 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI or VGA From Pinebook Pro via Pinebook Pro Docking Deck? segaloco 0 151 02-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: segaloco
  Pinebook Pro charging issues tomekdev 1 525 01-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Replacement battery for PineBook Pro DrYak 3 955 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Separate ISO keyboard for PBP Besouro 0 649 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Besouro
  PineBook Pro dead ottahe 9 5,712 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ottahe
  Pinebook Pro malfunctioned hardware samtux 10 4,138 12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: samtux
  PineBook Pro revision 2.2: Wishlist for the hardware issue fixes dsimic 115 131,712 11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Decent Pinebook Pro barrel PSU / Charger petaramesh 3 1,760 10-21-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: dachalife