What OS are you going to try first ?
So here we are ! I got my shipping notice overnight and so have others, it's all coming rapidly to the point of actually setting up an SD card and starting the long road to a working phone.

I don't have a strong personal loyalty to a particular flavor, and as of my last overview (a few days ago) no one seemed to actually have phone / text functionality (please tell me I'm wrong !), so I am looking for thoughts on what your first choice will be, and why.

Thanks !
postmarketOS is my first choice.
Why?
So I can run Plasma Mobile and phosh, as well as other things.

I'm pretty sure postmarketOS and UBPorts both have SMS working on the phone, but I think calling only works on postmarket. Don't quote me on that though.
Greetings, I am TG127 Smile 
Owner of a Braveheart PinePhone and hopefully some other Pine products soon.
postmarketOS -I really want a lean distro so I only add what I want. Will also be trying Manjaro as pretty simple on to of Arch. Suspect will land up on Ubuntu touch though. So much to play with!

Calling has been a problem on all software releases, the only way to sort the sound was via the speaker. But the other night  some really interesting stuff on IRC indicated the devs were playing with setting up the modem as a USB sound device which would be a step ahead hopefully.

Been prepping a release page in the wiki, feel free to contribute when you can!
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
manjaro.
Mhy ? Because I have archlinux on my PC, manjaro on my rockpro64 NAS, manjaro on my PBP.
And because I want to use plasma mobile.