External DAC
(11-04-2016, 04:57 PM)cr2016 Wrote: Hi,
Did not see a clear reply about the ouputs...
Is there an headphone output, able to drive 300-600 ohms devices?

Only line out directly from 9023 DAC. No headphone amp.
(11-05-2016, 06:27 PM)gkkpch Wrote: Willing to help testing this? PM me...

will do
PM sent... don't know how I can help though...
(11-05-2016, 12:54 PM)gkkpch Wrote: Have not found any real issues yet, we will publish the image on the volumio download page https://volumio.org/get-started/ when ready.

-Gé-

That's really great news. My pine is waiting for volumio to relieve an old RPIv1 which is struggling bit with Volumio2.
I tied building volumio for pine, but got stuck starting.

Any idea when first test version would be available?
(11-13-2016, 03:48 PM)mrv Wrote:
(11-05-2016, 12:54 PM)gkkpch Wrote: Have not found any real issues yet, we will publish the image on the volumio download page https://volumio.org/get-started/ when ready.

-Gé-

That's really great news. My pine is waiting for volumio to relieve an old RPIv1 which is struggling bit with Volumio2.
I tied building volumio for pine, but got stuck starting.

Any idea when first test version would be available?

I will write to the peeps over at RuneAudio and will see if they are interested Smile

Just made this post over at Rune's forum
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Sorry, Volumio has nothing to do with RuneAudio anymore. What used to be a fork has been completely abandoned.
Volumio 2 is a re-write with a very different approach and is way ahead of the old Volumio 1.55.

-Gé-
Hi,
anyone willing to test can do this by downloading our image using the following link:
Volumio 2 Test image V2.028 

Please register on the Volumio forum (volumio.org) and reply to the pine64 test thread in case of issues.
Note that there are still problems with the optional wifi module.

Other usb modules seem to work fine, several have been tested (realtek 8188eu, rtl 8192cu, ath9k_htc)
usb audio is also working fine with an XMOS PCM5102 DAC, playing upto 24bits/352.8Khz (don't have 32/384 samples).

-Gé-
(11-17-2016, 05:10 PM)gkkpch Wrote: Hi,
anyone willing to test can do this by downloading our image using the following link:
Volumio 2 Test image V2.028 

Please register on the Volumio forum (volumio.org) and reply to the pine64 test thread in case of issues.
Note that there are still problems with the optional wifi module.

Other usb modules seem to work fine, several have been tested (realtek 8188eu, rtl 8192cu, ath9k_htc)
usb audio is also working fine with an XMOS PCM5102 DAC, playing upto 24bits/352.8Khz (don't have 32/384 samples).

-Gé-

Super cool. Will give it a go this weekend. Cheers
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Just to make sure I don't go chasing things that make no sense.
Did anyone test i2s with any DAC at all? Any experience to share?
-Gé-
Thanks, works great at first sight

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popping on SPDIF - External DAC mjgoode 3 9,001 05-14-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: TrisWood