Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
(02-08-2020, 04:16 PM)brent.thierens Wrote: No idea how that is caused. Can you recreate the image through vmc?
Btw, camera isn't working here... Did you do anything special?

I'll give it a try.

Absolutely nothing. I was just going through the settings on first boot and then saw the option to take a profile picture, tried it out and it worked.
You're right, taking a profile picture does work. The camera app however does not, at least here on my device
(02-08-2020, 04:37 PM)brent.thierens Wrote: You're right, taking a profile picture does work. The camera app however does not, at least here on my device

i'll verify on mine too. Didn't test it hard, just stumbled into that. Still a great step in the right direction!
Mild Chilly Pepper

WOAH! I Want to Get Some! ( If I can ) So I Will Study Up And get Back!
(07-21-2020, 06:41 AM)Mild Chilly Pepper Wrote: Mild Chilly Pepper

WOAH! I Want to Get Some! ( If I can ) So I Will Study Up And get Back!

Do it! To bring you up to speed, CrOS/PBP development is on hold until Chromium is using (at least) kernel 5.7, since that's when the PBP support started entering mainline.
Kernel 5.7 is released, in fact, I think 5.8 is already available. Normally using the kernel-next packages, you should be able to start use that already.
Personally, I would like to try to get the build from a standard CrOS checkout, since the Ayufan build setup compiles it for 32-bit ARM and not for AArch. I managed to get this to build, but the resulting image couldn't boot due to some filesystem corruption, however, I never figured out what exactly the cause was for that. fschk passed, it just would not boot.
Good to know, I thought kernel-next often had a delay in availability.

Did ayufan's build script use kernel-next?
It has been a while since I have had a look at it, but if I remember correctly, ayufan used the Rockchip 4.14 kernel (or is it 4.4?)
You might be correct that kernel-next is delayed, but if you look in the available kernels, there is an option for a mainline kernel.
I will have a look at it today and report back Smile
Just got an update in Manjaro this morning, that linux-pinebookpro-5.7 is gone, and replaced with linux-5.8. If Chromium is keeping kernel-next up with mainline, this could be it!
Ok, so here is the image I built, but couldn't test yet:
https://brentthierens.stackstorage.com/s...s5GI65JYBI
Probably with flashing a uboot to the SD after flashing the image, we could be fine. However, one does not know for sure untill it actually boots. I also saw issues in the past when a newer version of uboot was on the eMMC. So, if anyone wants to test and doesn't mind wiping the eMMC for the uboot part at least, go ahead! Smile
FYI: this should have 5.8-rc5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,439 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 5,957 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,571 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,787 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal