bricked it?
The SD card should boot in preference to the eMMC, so it sounds like you've not written your SD card correctly.
I’ve tried several different images newly downloaded flashed using both DD and etcher on different PCs not with any success. Different cards too.

At this moment I’ve just tried for the 3rd time. It just doesn’t see the SDcard.
(01-07-2020, 02:19 PM)PreMis Wrote: I’ve tried several different images newly downloaded flashed using both DD and etcher on different PCs not with any success. Different cards too.

At this moment I’ve just tried for the 3rd time. It just doesn’t see the SDcard.

You need use the mrfixit u-boot update script (and img files) to replace the uboot used by Chromium. The uboot packaged with the Chromium builds is forked from an earlier u-boot that put emmc as top priority. If you look on the wiki, I added simple instructions and links to where you can get what you need. I went through this same thing when I first installed CrOS.

EDIT: Link to wiki section.

I have had fairly easy success using a seperate Ubuntu Laptop to download Etcher and MrFixIt's
  Debian,  then able to flash the eMMC  and/or  an SD card.

Note: I did purchase the usb to eMMC adapter back while waiting for my first PBP to arrive 
   Since I am not very adebt at doing terminal commands, this sure makes it much easier for me.

The Store allows you to order the PCIe to NVME adapter with your Pinebook Pro purchase, 
  IT may be more helpful if they allowed purchasing this adapter as well...  ( ? )

The SD cards and adapters are relatively inexpensive from the Pine Store,
    but the shipping co$t   and the travel time are both a bit excessive.

I am thankful I bought a handful of the accessories while I was waiting, ...   including a spare eMMC.
    Though I did spend roughly half the cost of a PBP for these extra items. 
       NOW that I have an ANSI version PBP coming,   I am better prepared.

I had a problem with etcher seeing my card the first time,

I re-seated the SD card and then restarted the host laptop,

> it then saw the SD card and I was able to complete the flash

-------------------

Check that your SD card does not have the Lock button engaged ( ? )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pro Bricked! Solutions? mspohr 4 1,752 12-08-2022, 03:08 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Pinebook Pro bricked after flashing eMMC User 24592 0 1,263 02-17-2022, 07:55 AM
Last Post: User 24592
Brick Bricked? Pinebook Pro using Uboot-pbp hanmorten 8 10,083 06-24-2020, 10:33 AM
Last Post: hanmorten