Late December Casual Community Update
(01-07-2020, 09:54 PM)LittleWalter Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:06 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:02 PM)Luke Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 01:57 PM)tophneal Wrote: @Luke We need a twitter-like feed of your shipping updates. Would probably answer most new questions very quickly haha

This is actually something I've been thinking about too to be honest. As much as I understand and appreciate the importance of updating people regularly, doing so on a per-person (almost) basis starts becoming pretty exhausting.

So, then, the question is: where is the right place for such a feed? main page? special 'update webpage'? the forums? twitter/mastodon?  - suggestions and alternative options very welcome (as always).

Heck, go with what's easiest to start. Twitter would likely work well, since Pine already utilizes it, and visitors don't have to have an account to see (most?) posts. (I have no idea how many tweets a guest to a twitter page can view before being blocked by a login/signup. I know I've seen it with trying to view a page's media posts. If they have some kind of pinning/sticky option, that should negate any concern over that.)

Keep in mind that not everyone uses social media, such as myself.  (Gave up most forms of social media long ago, and even borderline ones like reddit, I'm done w/ all of it going forward.)

I'd recommend just doing it mostly on your own Pine64 properties to avoid confusion in the long run, but that's just my opinion.

Exactly, I second that reminder. I have zero social media as well, and many times avoid to even allow their javascript in my browser. The pine forum should be fine. I'm sure you guys can implement something that works great.
Social media, though many here may be very against even viewing a page, cannot be ignored as a source for this information. You're heavily outnumbered by people who do use it. Granted, it likely shouldn't be the single location, there's going to need to be some redundancy. We'll have people who don't use social media, and people who don't visit the forums, and so on. If a single location were being used, a short snippet in the site's header may be the better option. It should be visible on every Pine64 page possible, so no matter if you're coming to the forums, jumping into IRC, or looking around the store, the information is readily available.
   A News thread post, without replies enabled so it does not get cluttered...

If someone wants to comment or ask questions,   they can post their own threads.

Regular forum members and outside media groups are kinda separate  groups, 

>    Posting on those may help attract new members,  but many of us members do not frequent those.

> My 'opinion'
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-07-2020, 01:55 PM)Luke Wrote: ANSI PBPs are 2 days delayed, and should start shipping tomorrow / today (depends on your timezone). Brave Heart was scheduled for January 13th, now it may be January 15th.
I understand everyone is excited and want their stuff NOW, and we're doing our best to stay on track...

Have all of the ANSI PBPs been shipped now?  I ordered an ANSI version on November 4th and still haven't heard anything about it shipping. 

Should I be concerned there is an issue with my order?  It seems odd that some folks that ordered after me have received their ANSI PBP's already and I haven't even seen a text from DHL.  

I did receive the order receipt email on the same day I ordered.
Waiting with some others helps a little,  (BUT it is still not easy waiting.)
I ordered on the 9th of November.

As to time zones, there is 12 hours difference (I think) between there and 'here'
 China does not do daylight savings, nether does Arizona, USA

AND  I DO Appreciate they truck these into Hong Kong to greatly speed up the shipping process. !
...........I understand there is still civil unrest there in Hong Kong, So I hope they do stay safe.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-09-2020, 05:20 PM)appdev46 Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 01:55 PM)Luke Wrote: ANSI PBPs are 2 days delayed, and should start shipping tomorrow / today (depends on your timezone). Brave Heart was scheduled for January 13th, now it may be January 15th.
I understand everyone is excited and want their stuff NOW, and we're doing our best to stay on track...

Have all of the ANSI PBPs been shipped now?  I ordered an ANSI version on November 4th and still haven't heard anything about it shipping. 

Should I be concerned there is an issue with my order?  It seems odd that some folks that ordered after me have received their ANSI PBP's already and I haven't even seen a text from DHL.  

I did receive the order receipt email on the same day I ordered.

I'm in the same boat.  Hopefully there's an update soon on what's going on.
I am in the same boat that is why I was asking luke about shipping times. I ordered on 11/4 and have not seen anything from DHL yet. I dont want to bother the order support so I posted here. Ill wait until Monday before opening a ticket I think.
(January 09, 2020)

Pine Store update:

ANSI Pinebook Pro "out of stock" - ISO Pinebook "in stock" - Pine phone Brave Heart Edition "out of stock"

Finaly too late to order some of those items.

Last time I looked January 08 or 07 all were still listed as " in stock "

I "was" still considering ordering a second Brave Heart.

I was there when they opened the door for the Brave Heart sales.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I just got the shipping email for my ANSI order from the 4th of November and it shows the package got to the US today and should be here by Saturday.
(01-09-2020, 10:52 PM)gorignak Wrote: I just got the shipping email for my ANSI order from the 4th of November and it shows the package got to the US today and should be here by Saturday.

Same here!   November 4th ANSI PBP order for me and I now have a tracking number.  It looks like it shipped a few days ago and I just didnt get the email until it reached the destination country.  

Very Excited!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,229 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 90,386 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 108,712 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,812 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,594 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 167,963 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 81,303 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 177,614 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,948 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 148,323 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad