When would it ship?
Hello all,

If I were to pre-order the Braveheart edition today, would it still ship in mid to late January or would it be after the Chinese New Year?
Also, how likely is it that there will be import taxes? (I’m in the US by the way)

Thanks
Greetings, I am TG127 Smile 
Owner of a Braveheart PinePhone and hopefully some other Pine products soon.
(12-28-2019, 09:17 AM)TG127 Wrote: Hello all,

If I were to pre-order the Braveheart edition today, would it still ship in mid to late January or would it be after the Chinese New Year?
Also, how likely is it that there will be import taxes? (I’m in the US by the way)
last report I saw (about a week ago) was still confident to ship January (TLLim on IRC).
import taxes are the domain of your government, afaik the USA does levy taxes on mobile phones from China.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(12-28-2019, 03:10 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 09:17 AM)TG127 Wrote: Hello all,

last report I saw (about a week ago) was still confident to ship January (TLLim on IRC).
import taxes are the domain of your government, afaik the USA does levy taxes on mobile phones from China.

re taxes, there was a query about this , ($17  maybe , ish if if.)     i have had several sent to the us, they have been checked ,but never asked for any payment
I ordered mine on the 29th Dec., would understand if it can't be shipped with the mid Jan. batch, but really hoping it will... very excited to start playing with it. If not it gives me some time to learn more about the OSs and how to contribute though, I guess!

I checked on the tax website for Germany and I see nothing to indicate that it wouldn't be taxed, even though Ive seen random mentions of EU people getting one without extra taxation though (...suppose it was just not shipped to DE Big Grin).
Well, I just hope I will get mine before FOSDEM so I can collect the announced reward at the Pine64 stand. :-)
I think we should find out more tomorrow...a little birdie told me an update is to come out tomorrow.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1567]

.png   keep-calm-and-carry-one-pine64.png (Size: 37.63 KB / Downloads: 889)
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
OK  PBP's have shipped ?

Pine phone Brave Heart Edition will ship after the Pinebook Pro's,  that would be about Now  ?

We are eagerly waiting for the next News release....

Hoping they will ship before the Chinese New Year brings everything to a stand still.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-15-2020, 04:28 AM)bcnaz Wrote: OK  PBP's have shipped ?

Nah - seems still plenty of folk cluttering the shipping email box "where's mine?"
(01-15-2020, 04:28 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Hoping they will ship before the Chinese New Year brings everything to a stand still.

Me too, but not a lot of time between the rumoured 23rd start and CNY on 25th to stuff 3000 envelopes!
(01-15-2020, 04:47 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 04:28 AM)bcnaz Wrote: OK  PBP's have shipped ?

Nah - seems still plenty of folk cluttering the shipping email box "where's mine?"
(01-15-2020, 04:28 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Hoping they will ship before the Chinese New Year brings everything to a stand still.

Me too, but not a lot of time between the rumoured 23rd start and CNY on 25th to stuff 3000 envelopes!

My Ansi shipped on the 10th,  they must have shipped a few more since then, now the 15th.?
  IF They start shipping the Brave Hearts soon, we may start to see some delivered by early Febuary.
     Rolleyes
They did say they were ready, they held them back to so they could ship the Pinebook Pro's out first

The Front page at the Pine64 Store says :

"Brave Heart Shipping Now"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ship to Saudi Arabia? KP007 1 1,713 08-14-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Does PINE64 ship to South America? Is v1.2b the final hardware? amosbatto 4 3,875 04-05-2021, 07:35 AM
Last Post: amosbatto