Screws and Spacers
Hmm....
Personally I would prefer to just open the case, I will probably go inside several times while setting it up and making a few changes,
But, Once I get it personalized to a point, I probably will not re-open it after that except maybe a battery change..... eventually, and a
little door would not be useful at that point. or maybe a motherboard upgrade in a few years, but again,
** the little door would not be big enough for that ether.
Though the challenge of building the 'door' could be 'Fun' in itself.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(12-25-2019, 07:29 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Could someone please provide the specs for the screws and spacers?  I'm assuming that the screws are soome kind of standard size,  and that I can find replacements for the spacers if I know their dimensions.  I have removed the back cover at least a dozen times and have already lost two screws and have broken spacers . (One was broken when I received the notebook) If I knew what the specs were,  I am sure I could buy them online here (U.S.). 

Perhaps, in future devices, slightly larger screws could be used.

Also,  would it be possible to buy another bottom cover?  I would love to try putting a hinged port over the areas with the switches (emmc, serial, reset button, emmc socket) so that I wouldn't have to deal with the ten tiny screws.... :-)

*Bump*

Buying replacement screws from the Pine64 store is great, but through no fault of theirs (I know it's a small volunteer operation) orders to the store can often take weeks to get serviced, and then yet more time to ship.

I placed an order on the 29th and it's just shipping today.

This is NOT a whine about the store, but a suggestion that for things which should be able to be purchased in a standard way as a community service it would be great to have the specifications available so we can get them more quickly.

(So far I'm down 1 case screw Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screws on bottom case coming loose quadrantids 8 7,076 01-20-2021, 03:47 AM
Last Post: quadrantids
  Missing Screws missingchip 2 4,015 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: missingchip
  Alternative to the screws? MIchael 10 12,651 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Last Post: ab1jx