Anyone tried Anbox-4-arm64 yet?
Just found this post on the Manjaro forums while getting prepped for the arrival of my PTab:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/how-to-insta...ro/2636/26

It has some more insight to the steps required and the current state of the dkms modules within the manjaro mainline kernel. Looks like the modules have been added to the 5.8 kernel in testing.
(09-09-2020, 08:03 AM)tophneal Wrote: Just found this post on the Manjaro forums while getting prepped for the arrival of my PTab:

https://forum.manjaro.org/t/how-to-insta...ro/2636/26

It has some more insight to the steps required and the current state of the dkms modules within the manjaro mainline kernel. Looks like the modules have been added to the 5.8 kernel in testing.

Hmm thanks for digging up the info, if it's coming to the base kernel I guess I'll just wait and not recompile my kernel and risk messing up something like a noob Big Grin
(09-10-2020, 09:39 AM)Idaho Wrote: Hmm thanks for digging up the info, if it's coming to the base kernel I guess I'll just wait and not recompile my kernel and risk messing up something like a noob Big Grin

Yeah, you should be able to switch to the testing branch and pull that kernel version and run the tests to see if it the modules are available/enabled. Much easier, I'll agree, than trying to figure out how to best rebuild the kernel. Ha, it was almost as if everywhere I looked specifically didn't want to say what the beginning steps of that process were. I was pretty close to caving and just asking what I was missing/not getting in the IRC.
(09-10-2020, 09:47 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 09:39 AM)Idaho Wrote: Hmm thanks for digging up the info, if it's coming to the base kernel I guess I'll just wait and not recompile my kernel and risk messing up something like a noob Big Grin

Yeah, you should be able to switch to the testing branch and pull that kernel version and run the tests to see if it the modules are available/enabled. Much easier, I'll agree, than trying to figure out how to best rebuild the kernel. Ha, it was almost as if everywhere I looked specifically didn't want to say what the beginning steps of that process were. I was pretty close to caving and just asking what I was missing/not getting in the IRC.

Ever since latest update to the kernel Anbox now works without tweaking anything, you just install tha packages from AUR and you're good to go, this is a great advancement for noobs like me ^^ Wanted to share the info in case anyone wondered if they should have to do additional stuff to install Anbox, you don't need it anymore Smile

Edit: I've installed Aurora Store to download apps from the play store but when it tries to sign in it just crashes Anbox alltogether, did you guys experienced this and do you have  fix or any explanation as to why this is happening?  Huh
Yeah, seems to be working (after a reboot) out of the standard repositories on Manjaro PinebookPro now. Quite neat Smile

Edit: crashes quite often though. And I am unsure what exactly I could use it for since it has no camera access that would allow Skype video chat use for example.
Is there an idiot guide to how to install and use anbox on the PBP? Preferably with the default Manjaro. Thanks
(02-21-2021, 06:22 AM)dieselnutjob Wrote: Is there an idiot guide to how to install and use anbox on the PBP?  Preferably with the default Manjaro. Thanks

Open (Application > System > ) Add/Remove Software.
Search for Anbox. Install both.
Reboot.
Start Anbox.
If it doesn work the first time, reboot again.

https://youtu.be/EU8_Q11dATs
(02-23-2021, 06:59 AM)jiyong Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 06:22 AM)dieselnutjob Wrote: Is there an idiot guide to how to install and use anbox on the PBP?  Preferably with the default Manjaro. Thanks

Reboot.
Start Anbox.

Thanks, likes the "Friends don't get friends get tracked" slogan. Thumbs Up!
(03-01-2021, 01:35 PM)tllim Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 06:59 AM)jiyong Wrote:

Reboot.
Start Anbox.

Thanks, likes the "Friends don't get friends get tracked" slogan. Thumbs Up!

Haha, no way.. Read the entire thread and multiple other online forum posts to get myself informed then only found at the very end it was actually this simple   Tongue

However > there is one very important thing that simply doesn't appear to be working 'out-of-the-box'  and is the network connection. I've tried all 3 methods listed at the Arch Anbox wiki page (network manager, systemd-networkd & anbox-bridge script) however, no matter what I do, in the pre-installed WebViewer in Anbox I keep getting:

Code:
net::ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED

Can't seem to find a way to properly trouble-shoot.. 

Anyone having any golden ideas?

EDIT >> found the solution >> apparently network doesn't work in Anbox with IP6 disabled. Re-enabling IP6 led to working Anbox network.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compile of Anbox fails because kernel function kallsyms_lookup_name() is unexported Tsvi Bar-David 6 7,488 06-30-2020, 06:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal