Minor case damage with gentle use. (Is anyone else seeing this?)
(12-17-2019, 01:21 PM)tophneal Wrote: I'd jump in and claim mine's broken, too, but I did it.

Be very careful when reassembling the case. I cracked part of mine when putting the final turns on the bottom screws. I wasn't applying that much force (the screw could still turn more,) but now stop when I feel the screwhead has entered its seat.

That is a great observation. Out of curiosity, what is the status of your plastic spacers at the hinges inside the case?

When mine broke, I immediately replaced them with nylon spacers. I'll bet that is a factor in the USB plastic surviving a multitude of back case removal/attachment on my unit.
When I initially caused this damage, they weren't inside the case. I had removed the bottom case to get to the emmc and the spacers clung to the casing. They fell onto my counter space, and I didn't put them back in until a few days later when Luke made a post about them. I just couldn't tell where they were supposed to be, or if they were even a legit past of the PBP. Now that I know, they've been reinstalled with small dabs of super glue to attach them to the posts.

If they fall off and get lost, I'm going to likely just replace them with the spacers you switched to.
Already contacted with case vendor and they mentioned the break of the thin USB plastic doesn't affect the case integrity. However, still an eyesore :-(

We have passed the comments on this thread to hardware team and case vendor for further case improvement.
I've just noticed that the plastic around one of my USB ports is still in place, but broken at one side. No idea whether this happened when removing and refitting the bottom of the case, or just with normal use / handling. (I'm Just commenting to let you know if anyone's trying to get an idea how prevalent the breakage is: I'm not expecting a response)
I really appreciate the feedback and acknowledgement here. Big Grin While I can totally live with it, the possibility of future builds not experiencing this issue is a relief.
I'm having a similar issue at the top of the screen: https://pasteboard.co/INkcYz1.jpg
I never dropped the laptop or anything - only opened and closed the lid. Anyone else with this issue?
(12-28-2019, 04:09 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: Anyone else with this issue?

Upon close inspection I see a similar hairline crack on the upper left corner of my bezel also. A factor contributing to it is probably flexing of the upper magnesium cover/bezel when opening and/or closing the lid. Additionally, I see that some of the strain on the lcd panel has been eliminated so it could be a combination of both the flexing and bezel pressure on the display causing that.

Other than the visible bezel crack itself and LCD panel strain relief, I do not see compromise of the mechanical integrity of the {bezel,display,magnesium cover}. The bezel is firmly attached to the display and magnesium cover.
I'm experiencing several cracks across different areas. [Image: 3596c316c0c8e82558d6b15e36168818.jpg][Image: ebacf7c94fcec480de50c39e0e35db1f.jpg][Image: 6131329322b4eb15d531a6b608c9f2a9.jpg]

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Spiceworks Community: That_IT_Guy
Twitter: @myhelpdeskhell
I'm starting to think a metal chassis wouldn't be a bad idea at this point.
holly smokes ...u guys play frisbee with your pbps?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggested software for use case ehcorn 4 1,935 08-17-2022, 04:06 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Screws on bottom case coming loose quadrantids 8 7,084 01-20-2021, 03:47 AM
Last Post: quadrantids
  Pinebook Pro Case models sundog 2 2,768 11-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Last Post: sundog
  Got a case for my Pinebook Pro GhostDragon 3 4,111 09-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bastafari
  Case defect (crack) bigCamel 25 24,128 08-18-2020, 03:41 PM
Last Post: bigCamel