Pine A64+ vs LCD do not boot
Hi.
I've kickstarter's version of A64 vs 2GB RAM with LCD 7" and 2A power supply that was shipped with the devices
I've boot it up with Android 6 using HDMI succesfully, but when trying to boot it up with LCD connected, it doesn't boot up - the power led going half brihtness for a second, then full brightness and then off. Pressing power button getting same results. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Since it's the power light that's going dim/half brightness, it sounds either there is something wrong with the LCD or the PSU. It's not a 'smart' indicator or anything... it's connected across the power lines, so directly shows what's happening with the power to the pine64. i.e. going dim means the voltage is dropping, which is not good. I'd double check it's plugged in the right way... not staggered/out by one pin, etc... And  if you're using the microUSB connection there's a good chance the pine64 board isn't getting enough power to run properly with the LCD attached - that's why later revisions of the board switched to a barrel connector, and people were advised to power via the raspberry pi header where possible. But I'll leave it to someone who has actually used the LCD with the pine64 to problem solve this with you further!
Please make sure use the Android build with LCD output: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A...0170209.5D
(11-23-2019, 03:41 AM)DDS Wrote: Hi.
I've kickstarter's version of A64 vs 2GB RAM with LCD 7" and 2A power supply that was shipped with the devices
I've boot it up with Android 6 using HDMI succesfully, but when trying to boot it up with LCD connected, it doesn't boot up - the power led going half brihtness for a second, then full brightness and then off. Pressing power button getting same results. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hey I have had the same problem.  I ended up obsessing about it and ended up with multiple Pine64's and multiple LCD's and they all had the same functionality to yours initially. Then I got a Pine64 LTS version to try.  That worked!  Unfortunately that also reinvigorated me on my quest to get it working with the Original Kickstarter Pine64+ 2GB version.  I read about the microUSB power connector being a problem, and after talking with Pine64 via email, they suggested my power supply was underpowered.  I assured them it was a 2A (Amp), but even then I tried both 3A and 4A, still nothing worked!

So then i decided that maybe the UART could tell me something during bootup.  

The terminal readout told me little, however, while I had my UART connected via EXP Bus(If i recall), I decided to try to ditch the microUSB and power the main board over Euler Bus.  I eventually found that, once the screen worked, and eventually fully booted into Android, that I could remove the UART connectors from the EXP Bus pins, and bootup will now persist.  I also found that it is only the GND on the UART that must be connected to the EXP Bus while powering the board over Euler Bus (simultaneously).

TLDR:
From my email to Pine64

"
I have had success in getting the LCD to work with the original
Kickstarter Pine64 boards!
However the process is not ideal:
A)  I cannot seem to get it to work by powering through the micro-USB port.
B)  It only works when I power through the Euler bus, however this
alone is not enough!!
C)  I cannot get the board to boot unless I also connect to UART TX,RX,GND.
D)  Once it boots one time with this configuration, I can unplug the
UART and booting up persists.
E)  It only works with power supplies above 2amps, as you suggested.
(I'm using a 4amp power supply directly to the Euler DC-in.)
"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE A64 SBC: Clone of a functional 32GB SD card doesn't boot burningkrome 3 1,507 05-19-2023, 07:43 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PINE A64 Ubuntu 18 or 20 IMG with touchscreen? burningkrome 0 552 04-29-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: burningkrome
  Pine A64 does only boot with Android 5.1 Dude 6 3,775 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dude
  Autodetect if Pine unit is a Pine A64+ or PineA64-LTS pkfpeters 1 3,255 02-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine 64 | 2GB x2 & Acrylic Cases x2 for Sale | Canada - GTA ViperVi 1 4,422 01-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: squidius
  sd format?for pine 64 angegardien 3 7,621 12-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Last Post: junkyj753
Exclamation Can't boot when SD card inserted kivox 5 7,917 03-15-2020, 06:00 AM
Last Post: kivox
  Node Red on the Pine DonFL 0 2,733 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: DonFL
Photo Pine A64+ from Kick starter running Pi-Hole netHolio 0 3,204 12-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Last Post: netHolio
  Boot from HDD via usb BnEc 1 3,658 11-29-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: evilbunny