Nextcloudpi SD card fills up.
This is the second time i've had this issue running nextcloudpi on my rock64.  It runs fine for about a month and then my SD card shows that it's full and I have no room left.  This prevents my nextcloud server from running correctly and I can't connect.
(11-20-2019, 11:13 PM)default_user8 Wrote: This is the second time i've had this issue running nextcloudpi on my rock64.  It runs fine for about a month and then my SD card shows that it's full and I have no room left.  This prevents my nextcloud server from running correctly and I can't connect.

How much writing are you doing?

I run nextcloud but I don't write to the sdcard cause they can fail and take everything with it
(11-21-2019, 12:40 AM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 11:13 PM)default_user8 Wrote: This is the second time i've had this issue running nextcloudpi on my rock64.  It runs fine for about a month and then my SD card shows that it's full and I have no room left.  This prevents my nextcloud server from running correctly and I can't connect.

How much writing are you doing?

I run nextcloud but I don't write to the sdcard cause they can fail and take everything with it

Not much, besides my database, my backups and datadir, are on a usb hard drive.  I access my keepass database 10-15 times a day, but as I said that's on a hard drive. I ran nextcloud on a raspberry pi before and never ran into this issue once.  As i've stated this is the second time it's done this since switching to a rock64
(11-21-2019, 08:04 PM)default_user8 Wrote: Not much, besides my database, my backups and datadir, are on a usb hard drive.  I access my keepass database 10-15 times a day, but as I said that's on a hard drive. I ran nextcloud on a raspberry pi before and never ran into this issue once.  As i've stated this is the second time it's done this since switching to a rock64

On my rock64 I just use /boot, everything else is on a usb hdd.

I'm wondering if you need to trim sdcards like you do with SSDs
https://haydenjames.io/increase-performa...-sd-cards/
(11-21-2019, 08:11 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 08:04 PM)default_user8 Wrote: Not much, besides my database, my backups and datadir, are on a usb hard drive.  I access my keepass database 10-15 times a day, but as I said that's on a hard drive. I ran nextcloud on a raspberry pi before and never ran into this issue once.  As i've stated this is the second time it's done this since switching to a rock64

On my rock64 I just use /boot, everything else is on a usb hdd.

I'm wondering if you need to trim sdcards like you do with SSDs
https://haydenjames.io/increase-performance-lifespan-ssds-sd-cards/

I'll have to try that(/boot only).  Can I ask how did you build your setup, did you start with Armbian or did you start the nextcloud image.  I might go back to a 3 hard drive setup like I ran on my raspberry pi, but I'd hate to just fill up an 80gb hard drive like my SD cards keep doing.
(11-23-2019, 08:42 PM)default_user8 Wrote: I'll have to try that(/boot only).  Can I ask how did you build your setup, did you start with Armbian or did you start the nextcloud image.  I might go back to a 3 hard drive setup like I ran on my raspberry pi, but I'd hate to just fill up an 80gb hard drive like my SD cards keep doing.

I use Debian where possible and just install nextcloud from a tarball. I've got a 10TB drive hooked up to it and backup phones to it.
(11-23-2019, 10:48 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 08:42 PM)default_user8 Wrote: I'll have to try that(/boot only).  Can I ask how did you build your setup, did you start with Armbian or did you start the nextcloud image.  I might go back to a 3 hard drive setup like I ran on my raspberry pi, but I'd hate to just fill up an 80gb hard drive like my SD cards keep doing.

I use Debian where possible and just install nextcloud from a tarball. I've got a 10TB drive hooked up to it and backup phones to it.

OK thanks, I used the nextcloud image from nachoparker to build this instance, but I since abandoned my last raspberry pi that was running pivpn, and pihole and started fresh with a rock64 with the debian image from Armbian.  The armbian config utility is really handy, thanks for the help I'll rebuild as soon as possible and try to move all but boot to a hard drive.
(11-24-2019, 02:18 PM)default_user8 Wrote: OK thanks, I used the nextcloud image from nachoparker to build this instance, but I since abandoned my last raspberry pi that was running pivpn, and pihole and started fresh with a rock64 with the debian image from Armbian.  The armbian config utility is really handy, thanks for the help I'll rebuild as soon as possible and try to move all but boot to a hard drive.

What about using containers for pihole etc?
(11-24-2019, 07:20 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 02:18 PM)default_user8 Wrote: OK thanks, I used the nextcloud image from nachoparker to build this instance, but I since abandoned my last raspberry pi that was running pivpn, and pihole and started fresh with a rock64 with the debian image from Armbian.  The armbian config utility is really handy, thanks for the help I'll rebuild as soon as possible and try to move all but boot to a hard drive.

What about using containers for pihole etc?

I haven't figured that out yet, actually i haven't even tried.  I don't see the advantage of that setup, although i'm sure there are some out there that will be more than happy to tell my all the advantages.  I really enjoy tinkering with these SBC's but everything i do is for my own use, my wife and kids couldn't care less and don't even bother to use the nextcloud/plexmedia server or the vpn server.  And my wife would rather see all the ads when she surfs the web than use phole.
(11-25-2019, 08:53 PM)default_user8 Wrote: I really enjoy tinkering with these SBC's but everything i do is for my own use, my wife and kids couldn't care less and don't even bother to use the nextcloud/plexmedia server or the vpn server.  And my wife would rather see all the ads when she surfs the web than use phole.

I used to run contacts and calendar in tandium with google account, once I tested properly I ditched google for nextcloud. The only problem I have is that the default contacts app puts new contacts into google, unless you manually switch while adding.

Apart from that I setup my phone to auto upload photos and other files directly to nextcloud so if the worst should happen I don't lose any files.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buildroot 2021.08 not booting from SD card jimmy 1 1,938 11-08-2021, 02:25 AM
Last Post: hunderteins
  NextCloudPi image for Rock64, NC version 13.0.2. nachoparker 11 22,869 03-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: kiriakos
  Tutorial How to write a image in the eMMc card without USB adaptor or serial cable gedas07 2 3,758 08-29-2018, 10:08 AM
Last Post: gedas07
  If you've messed up your eMMC Card - Solved gregb49 11 16,126 07-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Last Post: gregb49
  Help with a MicroSD card problem on Rock 64 Jakr 6 7,873 08-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Last Post: jl_678