Strange Issue backing up disk images
Hello all! 

I got my Pine64+ 2GB model this morning, and set it up with Debian Linux with MATE GUI (From the Pine64 Wiki), did the usual update/upgrade, then installed and configured SSH, Samba and CUPS. I felt I made a good setup and wanted to make a disk image of my work so I could start from that point if I made any mistakes and/or wanted to revert to an updating working image. I plug the microSD card back into the computer I used to put the image on in the first place, and Windows (10 Pro) asked if I wanted to format it and at that only wanted to format it at 50MB capacity. The card in question is a 32GB Samsung EVO microSDHC card. I got worried and thought the card was a dud, but plugging it back into the PINE64 shows that it still works fine (as far as I know). 
  So my questions are, is there a way I can still backup the image on windows (10)? Do I need to back it up under a Linux distro? Something else?
(04-28-2016, 07:04 PM)FangZor Wrote: Hello all! 

I got my Pine64+ 2GB model this morning, and set it up with Debian Linux with MATE GUI (From the Pine64 Wiki), did the usual update/upgrade, then installed and configured SSH, Samba and CUPS. I felt I made a good setup and wanted to make a disk image of my work so I could start from that point if I made any mistakes and/or wanted to revert to an updating working image. I plug the microSD card back into the computer I used to put the image on in the first place, and Windows (10 Pro) asked if I wanted to format it and at that only wanted to format it at 50MB capacity. The card in question is a 32GB Samsung EVO microSDHC card. I got worried and thought the card was a dud, but plugging it back into the PINE64 shows that it still works fine (as far as I know). 
  So my questions are, is there a way I can still backup the image on windows (10)? Do I need to back it up under a Linux distro? Something else?

This due to multi partition and windows only "see" teh 50MB one. If you are using DD tool like Win32DiskImager, you still can back up the whole microSD card image.
Thank you! So far all images i've backed up with Win32DiskImager work. I was just nervous as when I did similar for my Raspberry Pi, I usually had something I could access on Windows (like a small 80mb partition with some boot files or what not). I thought I goofed on the imaging at first!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question lipo battery boot issue Luke 5 7,577 05-29-2016, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Luke