Store page panic!
joining the crowd Smile

happydance
\freff
Yes,  There must have been a crowd,  all trying to get into the store at the same time.

I tried to get in the door for almost an hour and a half,

But once I finally got in there,   it did not take long to "check-out"

>> I was getting worried for a while there.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-15-2019, 04:23 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Yes,  There must have been a crowd,  all trying to get into the store at the same time.

I tried to get in the door for almost an hour and a half,

But once I finally got in there,   it did not take long to "check-out"

>> I was getting worried for a while there.

I felt like the crowd waiting for the new i-device camping outside in the cold for days....

.... no just joking Smile
Waiting for my PinePhone!
All sorted now - servers just got hammered.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Woohoo. Got mine ordered. Look forward to testing Smile
(11-15-2019, 03:00 AM)qrsBRWN Wrote: Yeah the store downtime is a testament to the need for a proper linux phone and the good transparent work done by the pine64 team.
Yes, every time someone say it had to be the year of linux and then it did not occur, instead I say that every time the opportunity is not up to expectations, but for pinephone does not seem to me like that.
And I hope that this adventure can be very successful because that's how the community grows around and finally is possible to create a hanheld ecosystem that is more of all trash that companies produce.

ivanB1975

Quote:I felt like the crowd waiting for the new i-device camping outside in the cold for days....
same feeling in my life and it's the first time I've lined up
(11-15-2019, 06:24 AM)vinnie Wrote: Yes, every time someone say it had to be the year of linux and then it did not occur, instead I say that every time the opportunity is not up to expectations, but for pinephone does not seem to me like that.

FYI, the year of the linux desktop was 1998. That was when Linux finally became "easy mode" since hardware autodetection appeared Big Grin
(11-15-2019, 06:55 AM)qrsBRWN Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 06:24 AM)vinnie Wrote: Yes, every time someone say it had to be the year of linux and then it did not occur, instead I say that every time the opportunity is not up to expectations, but for pinephone does not seem to me like that.

FYI, the year of the linux desktop was 1998. That was when Linux finally became "easy mode" since hardware autodetection appeared Big Grin

I feel the same. Even more I would say. Several M developers should be enough to push Plasma Mobile, Ubuntu Touch, etc. far beyond proprietary horizon Big Grin
Just got mine ordered in fly-over country USA!

(Also another PBP with ANSI keyboard, first one had ISO keyboard and I didn't realize that so as much as I'm enjoying it, the slight keyboard differences are bothering me)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation GPS is broken! Change wiki and page! And where is the antenna ? jack1 4 4,192 03-23-2021, 07:22 AM
Last Post: jack1
Photo Page allocation failure on KDE Community edition -"0 pages hwpoisoned" countcitrus 1 1,856 02-20-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Question PMOS EU-only PinePhones on the store? marcih 6 7,011 10-24-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: marcih
  Pinephone - Pine store parts bcnaz 4 4,978 04-20-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: ---
Exclamation Pine phone Parts from the Pine Store bcnaz 11 10,733 02-07-2020, 04:23 AM
Last Post: pfeerick