Pinephone and regional Australia
My apologies if this has been already discussed and I admit that, with the imminent release of the Pinephone, I am hoping that some kind person may be able to help.  If it all lines up I am hoping to purchase a Pinephone when they are released.

I have looked and can't find any information about the phone with regard to bands/freq that it will cover.  In regional Australia the important band is the B28 band.  I have been monitoring the Librem 5 for a while and that phone, at least so far, will not cover that band making the phone only usable really in major centres, which is no good for me.

So are there perhaps any Australians here who may have investigated this and be prepared to fast track my knowledge?

Thanks for any help that my come forth.
(11-12-2019, 01:38 PM)Gripweed Wrote: My apologies if this has been already discussed and I admit that, with the imminent release of the Pinephone, I am hoping that some kind person may be able to help.  If it all lines up I am hoping to purchase a Pinephone when they are released.

I have looked and can't find any information about the phone with regard to bands/freq that it will cover.  In regional Australia the important band is the B28 band.  I have been monitoring the Librem 5 for a while and that phone, at least so far, will not cover that band making the phone only usable really in major centres, which is no good for me.

So are there perhaps any Australians here who may have investigated this and be prepared to fast track my knowledge?

Check out the wiki. B28 is listed under LTE-FDD.
(11-12-2019, 02:35 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 01:38 PM)Gripweed Wrote: My apologies if this has been already discussed and I admit that, with the imminent release of the Pinephone, I am hoping that some kind person may be able to help.  If it all lines up I am hoping to purchase a Pinephone when they are released.

Check out the wiki. B28 is listed under LTE-FDD.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  That is great news for me.  I'll be on the net first thing in a couple of days to order one.  Can't wait now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 302 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: aular
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 200 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 471 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 108,162 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,722 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 576 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,260 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 476 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,637 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,858 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma