Longer Power Cable
The power cable that comes with the device is incredibly short. Nearly useless. It doesn't reach my couch from an outlet so I can't sit on the couch and use the laptop when battery is low while it's charging. I've tried a few different USB-C wall warts and cables and while most can charge the laptop while I'm not using it they can't really push enough power to charge in a reasonable amount of time while in use.

Does anyone have recommendations for either a USB-C wall wart that can charge the laptop quickly?

Alternatively can a USB-A wall wart of reasonable power used in connection with this https://store.pine64.org/?product=2-mete...ower-cable be used? If yes, then what wall warts are others using with this cable? This cable is listed under the laptops section of the store page and it's noted it works for "Pinebook" but I don't want to assume this matches the PBP as there are a hand full of other exceptions I've seen mentioned. If this does match with the PBP perhaps this could be more explicit on the store page.

Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide!
(11-10-2019, 09:51 AM)Tekchip Wrote: The power cable that comes with the device is incredibly short. Nearly useless. It doesn't reach my couch from an outlet so I can't sit on the couch and use the laptop when battery is low while it's charging.

I agree that is short, and I've had similar inconveniences.

You could try plugging the wall wart into an extension cord.  So then it's more of a "line-lump" Smile
At 3A you don't want the cable to be all that long because of the voltage drop, or you would require a pretty thick cable.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
* Yeah, at such a low DC voltage shorter is better.
But the 120 volt a/c side can be plugged into a long cheap extension cord...
I guess the European voltage is 220 volts a/c ? even better.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-10-2019, 09:51 AM)Tekchip Wrote: The power cable that comes with the device is incredibly short. Nearly useless. It doesn't reach my couch from an outlet so I can't sit on the couch and use the laptop when battery is low while it's charging. I've tried a few different USB-C wall warts and cables and while most can charge the laptop while I'm not using it they can't really push enough power to charge in a reasonable amount of time while in use.

Does anyone have recommendations for either a USB-C wall wart that can charge the laptop quickly?

Alternatively can a USB-A wall wart of reasonable power used in connection with this https://store.pine64.org/?product=2-mete...ower-cable be used? If yes, then what wall warts are others using with this cable? This cable is listed under the laptops section of the store page and it's noted it works for "Pinebook" but I don't want to assume this matches the PBP as there are a hand full of other exceptions I've seen mentioned. If this does match with the PBP perhaps this could be more explicit on the store page.

Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide!

This one works fine for me: https://youtu.be/4RKp-1nN6d8

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 229 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 179 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Increasing the maximum power draw dsimic 15 19,153 11-21-2022, 03:36 AM
Last Post: bircoph
  Alternative Power supply options gallomimia 13 17,616 11-13-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  PBP booting but stops at flashing power led jonasd 13 5,131 09-26-2022, 12:17 AM
Last Post: jonasd
  Blinking red light for charger, no power-on bifo 11 13,347 11-30-2021, 01:37 PM
Last Post: wdt
  power on PBP if your keyboard is dead? stozi 0 1,282 11-29-2021, 01:55 PM
Last Post: stozi
  Stiff hinges or a lid that no longer shuts dsimic 3 3,424 10-05-2021, 12:10 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  Motherboard malfunction - a possible warning about power supplies mjc 8 6,888 07-28-2021, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mjc
  Some Keys No Longer Working pietenpol 0 1,699 06-05-2021, 05:39 PM
Last Post: pietenpol