Disposeable?
Am I right to assume, that Pinebooks are disposeable items?

My 14" Pinebook died, when I tried to swap the LC unit with a 1080p one. The flat ribbon connector was held in place only by very flimsy soldering pads and the slight tug of releasing the flat ribbon was enough to lift a few connectors off the platter and breaking a few conductor tracks off the platter. No resoldering possible, no spares available, so it went into the stack of to-be-recycled parts. It's still there, if somebody has a 14" mainboard, I could make use of it.

The 11" Pinebook died today. As you remember, the keyboard wasn't registering the numeric row of keys (and "s", as I discovered later.). While dismantling the unit, two heatserts came lose and fell out, not to be seen again, the left display hinge cracked out of the plastic and the keyboard itself is not a serviceable item as it is welded in and removing all the plastic welds would be, given the "quality" of the case, a futile attempt. Still, if you happen to have an 11" Pinebook with a broken motherboard, but working keyboard, I could make use of it.

I know, they're only $99 computers, but still .....
(11-02-2019, 07:38 AM)Corkonian Wrote: Am I right to assume, that Pinebooks are disposeable items?

My 14" Pinebook died, when I tried to swap the LC unit with a 1080p one. The flat ribbon connector was held in place only by very flimsy soldering pads and the slight tug of releasing the flat ribbon was enough to lift a few connectors off the platter and breaking a few conductor tracks off the platter. No resoldering possible, no spares available, so it went into the stack of to-be-recycled parts. It's still there, if somebody has a 14" mainboard, I could make use of it.

The 11" Pinebook died today. As you remember, the keyboard wasn't registering the numeric row of keys (and "s", as I discovered later.). While dismantling the unit, two heatserts came lose and fell out, not to be seen again, the left display hinge cracked out of the plastic and the keyboard itself is not a serviceable item as it is welded in and removing all the plastic welds would be, given the "quality" of the case, a futile attempt. Still, if you happen to have an 11" Pinebook with a broken motherboard, but working keyboard, I could make use of it.

You can order the 11" Pinebook bottom case (https://store.pine64.org/?product=pinebo...d-build-in) with keyboard and fixup your Pinebook. If runs out of stock at store, just email to sales@pine64.org.
(11-04-2019, 08:02 PM)tllim Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 07:38 AM)Corkonian Wrote: Am I right to assume, that Pinebooks are disposeable items?

You can order the 11" Pinebook bottom case (https://store.pine64.org/?product=pinebo...d-build-in) with keyboard and fixup your Pinebook. If runs out of stock at store, just email to sales@pine64.org.

Thanks. Sent a mail to sales ...
let us know if you are ever able to order one

I tried for MONTHS and it was always out of stock, tan when I emailed that address I was told they don't keep them in stock