My dev environment for NRF52, with NRF52-SDK, NRF52-DK, J-Link, CMake and CLion
Information 
Hello!

Coming from the STM32 and ESP32 world, I'm a total beginner as far as the NRF52 is concerned. For now, I'm still learning the MCU, the tools and the SDK.

The first thing I want to do is to create my development environment that'll allow me to write code, program the chip, debug,... It's based on CLion/CMake, it uses the NRF52-SDK and the tools from J-Link to debug and program.

This is not directly about the PineTime, but I intend to use this when I'm ready to work on the watch directly.

So, I created a little "base project" which contains the bare minimum to build, program and debug a simple blinky application. The project is here and the wiki page that gives more details is here. It might be useful for anyone who is just starting with NRF52.

For now, the master branch contains a simple blinky app, and the branch freertos is the same but using FreeRTOS.

Have fun Smile
(10-27-2019, 09:20 AM)ThanksJF002 Wrote: Hello!

Coming from the STM32 and ESP32 world, I'm a total beginner as far as the NRF52 is concerned. For now, I'm still learning the MCU, the tools and the SDK.

The first thing I want to do is to create my development environment that'll allow me to write code, program the chip, debug,... It's based on CLion/CMake, it uses the NRF52-SDK and the tools from J-Link to debug and program.

This is not directly about the PineTime, but I intend to use this when I'm ready to work on the watch directly.

So, I created a little "base project" which contains the bare minimum to build, program and debug a simple blinky application. The project is here and the wiki page that gives more details is here. It might be useful for anyone who is just starting with NRF52.

For now, the master branch contains a simple blinky app, and the branch freertos is the same but using FreeRTOS.

Have fun Smile

Just bought a NRF52 dev kit, and will be trying this base project to get started so I will be more prepared when the pinewatch DK comes out! Thanks.