Dissasembly and Reassembly - Important
Correct way of disassembling, reassembling and handling a disassembled Pinebook Pro.

Important - please read
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

The page says that the bottom corners should be attached with the two short screws, but it does not say where the other two short screws should go. Do they also go in the bottom? Do they go in the top corners?
(11-02-2019, 01:23 PM)jpakkane Wrote: The page says that the bottom corners should be attached with the two short screws, but it does not say where the other two short screws should go. Do they also go in the bottom? Do they go in the top corners?

The four short screws go along the front edge. All the other screws are the same size.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

@fire219, Thanks for the details. I have yet to disassemble mine, (awaiting a real need for once :-).

I've updated the Pinebook Pro Wiki with that detail;

Quote:Note that the front uses the remaining 2 short screws.

Pinebook Pro, Accessing the Internals - Disassembly and Reassemble

As usual, feel free to correct, improve or comment, (good or politely bad).
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
I'm assuming it'll be fine to use a low tack glue to keep these standoffs where they belong, when disassembling?
(11-04-2019, 07:48 AM)tophneal Wrote: I'm assuming it'll be fine to use a low tack glue to keep these standoffs where they belong, when disassembling?

Be careful taking off the bezel around the LCD. Its held in place using not only the 4 screws behind the stand-offs but also a bunch of plastic tabs. Make sure those tabs don't snap when you slide your guitar pick between the bezel and the metal lid.

But, yes, a small drop of low tack glue will work fine.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-04-2019, 09:43 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 07:48 AM)tophneal Wrote: I'm assuming it'll be fine to use a low tack glue to keep these standoffs where they belong, when disassembling?

Be careful taking off the bezel around the LCD. Its held in place using not only the 4 screws behind the stand-offs but also a bunch of plastic tabs. Make sure those tabs don't snap when you slide your guitar pick between the bezel and the metal lid.

But, yes, a small drop of low tack glue will work fine.

Out of curiosity, the small standoffs you hightlighted in the wiki, are they part of the NVMe/trackpad contact solution that arose before shipping? When I last opened mine to disable the eMMC and boot from SD, they came out and I couldn't determine where they went so I put them off to the side and reassembled. After finding this post, I checked my PBP to make sure the lower casing wasn't loose or sitting incorrectly, it showed no issue and it got me wondering.
Hi @Luke ,

I'm new PBP user from July.
I accidently flashed CrOS image on eMMC that never boot from SDCard.
To recover from it, I did like this:
- open the back cover
- disable emmc switch
- half opened the lid to check os boot
- boot from SDCard (netbsd, it's not a important thing which os used)
- at the right beginning of the boot, turn on eMMC in order to attach from the OS, to re-flash eMMC)
- after confirmed the netbsd has booted, opened the lid without closing the back panel,
- flashed new image on emmc

after that, I got random 'lid off/lid on' kernel message by netbsd, and enters into suspend
I re-flashed Manjaro to confirm further, it also enters suspend (LCD turns off, green LED turns off), which resumes by pushing [power] key with Manjaro login panel. This looks the same state by pushing suspend key (Fn + ESC).

Have I damaged something as mentioned below ?

> Accessing the Internals - Disassembly and Reassembly
>
> Pinebook Screw stand-offs correct placement and location
> WARNING: Do not open the laptop by lifting the lid while the Pinebook Pro bottom cover is removed - this can cause structural damage to the hinges and/or other plastic components of the chassis such as the IO port cut-outs.

Can I check somewhere broken?
Is it possible to deal with this situation?

Best regards,
Shoichi
(08-14-2020, 12:01 AM)shoichimiyake Wrote: Hi @Luke ,

I'm new PBP user from July.
I accidently flashed CrOS image on eMMC that never boot from SDCard.
To recover from it, I did like this:
- open the back cover
- disable emmc switch
- half opened the lid to check os boot
- boot from SDCard (netbsd, it's not a important thing which os used)
- at the right beginning of the boot, turn on eMMC in order to attach from the OS, to re-flash eMMC)
- after confirmed the netbsd has booted, opened the lid without closing the back panel,
- flashed new image on emmc

after that, I got random 'lid off/lid on' kernel message by netbsd, and enters into suspend
I re-flashed Manjaro to confirm further, it also enters suspend (LCD turns off, green LED turns off), which resumes by pushing [power] key with Manjaro login panel. This looks the same state by pushing suspend key (Fn + ESC).

Have I damaged something as mentioned below ?

> Accessing the Internals - Disassembly and Reassembly
>
> Pinebook Screw stand-offs correct placement and location
> WARNING: Do not open the laptop by lifting the lid while the Pinebook Pro bottom cover is removed - this can cause structural damage to the hinges and/or other plastic components of the chassis such as the IO port cut-outs.

Can I check somewhere broken?
Is it possible to deal with this situation?

Best regards,
Shoichi