[28/03/2017] openSUSE Tumbleweed Images for Pine64
I agree in principle with everything that tkaiser has stated ( and others ) ; however , I do believe that there is benefit in the work that terra854 ( and others ) have done with these crappy OS images.  Specifically , the more people we have available who can build an image at all ( any image ) around even crappy binary blobs is better --  the more the merrier.  Why ?  Because before the 'serious' and 'real' work can be done ( which is going to involve some very serious reverse engineering ) all the players need to be conversant with the build process, with the underlying hardware, and with the state-of-the-art at this point. 

open SuSE  is just one more example ( and a good one ) of this on-going effort to get more people on-board with the linux 'development' process in general.  

Every day we get closer to having a team of people ( not just one or two ) who might be capable of opening up this development board as a real platform with a real OS... menaing that its NOT crappy, that it doesn't have binary blobs, and that its completely open and fully documented !  I think terra854 has done a nice job coming on-board ( I and others have encouraged him ) and he is going to be a valuable member of the team of community developers who can make a real difference on this platform.  For that I herald his efforts; nice work !
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

Messages In This Thread
RE: [03/10/2016] openSUSE Tumbleweed Images for Pine64 - by MarkHaysHarris777 - 10-04-2016, 03:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GUI on openSuSE joaoreino 10 14,305 01-23-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tmechanic