Help me calulate customs and duties in USA
(10-01-2019, 04:00 AM)dreddit Wrote: I just want to know if there is a option to pay for it online to release the package. As it's being delivered to a friend.

DHL Express included a short link to their billing in the SMS phone message.
They take card payments online as usual.

In my case, for the UK, I got two charges (1) VAT of £38.29 and (2) Payment Deferment Risk of £11.

(Wonder what the "risk" was - perhaps pay up or it might get lost!?)
I think the risk is DHL not making a profit this year. Could be worse they could of used parcel force or Hermes!!!!!!
I received mine today in Ohio with no customs fees or anything extra aside from the $33 shipping that was on my original checkout screen. This may vary by state, but it didn't seem to affect me at all.
(08-22-2019, 09:04 AM)neex Wrote: Hi all
I have just gotten my coupon and I am very excited but moving to the US came with extended bureaucracy, i am still learning to navigate around.
I have been trying to figure out the potential additional cost but I am getting numbers going up to $380 with all fees and stuff. 

Could someone who dealt with this before send me some guidelines?
Thanks in advance.
    Hello neex,

I have made quite a few out of the country purchases in the last few years

I have never had to pay any sort of customs or import duties on anything.

Sometimes a higher shipping cost  and usually it takes longer to arrive buying out of the country.

Hope that helps

Smile
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(10-01-2019, 04:25 AM)neilman Wrote: In my case, for the UK, I got two charges (1) VAT of £38.29 and (2) Payment Deferment Risk of £11.

(Wonder what the "risk" was - perhaps pay up or it might get lost!?)

I suspect it's that rather than DHL waiting for you to pay customs charges, then passing the payment on and collecting the package, they will immediately pay the fees on your behalf (up to some limit), then hold the package themselves until you pay them. This would allow them to deliver the packages much faster (they can continue moving the package across the country while 'holding' it), but incurs a risk to them in case you do not pay. Collecting a suitable fee on all payments received allows them to mitigate the risk and ensure that the don't end up making a loss.
US here. I had to pay £0 / $0 in any customs and duties. Just Pinebook and shipping.
Spiceworks Community: That_IT_Guy
Twitter: @myhelpdeskhell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Europe/EU import duties/taxes ? 46enip 3 5,743 05-28-2020, 03:34 AM
Last Post: veetech