A64-LTS versus the A64+ (1GB)
Comparing the two product pages:
I'm wondering: Besides...

• the eMMC slot on the A64-LTS and
  • the configurable RAM options [i.e., 512 MB/1GB/2GB] and the corresponding Ethernet options [i.e., 10/100 or 10/100/1000] on the A64+
How else is theA64+ different than that A64-LTS different?
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon
I've just opened my A64+ (1GB) and my A64-LTS for the first time. And a few differences are apparent upon inspection:

1. The A64-LTS includes a Status LED and an activity LED.
  2. The A64-LTS includes a power switch and a reset switch.
  3. The A64-LTS receives its power via a barrel jack instead of via Micro USB.
  4. The microSD slot is mounted on the bottom of the mainboard - underneath the eMMC adapter.
Otherwise, the two appear to be very similar! Idea
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon
(04-11-2019, 08:08 PM)PDXpi Wrote: I've just opened my A64+ (1GB) and my A64-LTS for the first time. And a few differences are apparent upon inspection:

1. The A64-LTS includes a Status LED and an activity LED.
  2. The A64-LTS includes a power switch and a reset switch.
  3. The A64-LTS receives its power via a barrel jack instead of via Micro USB.
  4. The microSD slot is mounted on the bottom of the mainboard - underneath the eMMC adapter.
Otherwise, the two appear to be very similar! Idea

The PINE A64+ and PINE A64-LTS are similar except the PINE A64+ using DDR3 and PINE A64-LTS using LPDDR3. We switch the memory to LPDDR3 type for PINE A64-LTS to factors in long term supply consideration.
OMG - I was just looking at the product pages of the A64+ and the A64-LTS, flipping between the two tabs in my browser, and I just saw the single-most significant difference between the two mainboards:
  • The A64+ uses the Allwinner A64 SoC.
  • The A64-LTS uses the Allwinner R18 SoC.
At the risk of sounding really snarky:

I'm gonna suggest that it'd be really nice if the folks that create those product pages would include that level of detail (i.e., the SoC manufacturer and model installed onto the mainboard) on the product pages - Never mind things like RAM type and speed or power input type or voltage! Rolleyes
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon
relax, r18 and a64 are the same SoCs from the same vendor. Allwinner loves to name their SoCs by tens of names. LTS is an improved revision of the previous Pine64 board. A lot of good things were added - 16 MB NOR flash for FW, DC barrel jack for power, LPDDR3 memory, eMMC socket.
ANT - my hobby OS for x86 and ARM.
(04-16-2019, 01:59 PM)z4v4l Wrote: relax, r18 and a64 are the same SoCs from the same vendor. Allwinner loves to name their SoCs by tens of names. LTS is an improved revision of the previous Pine64 board. A lot of good things were added - 16 MB NOR flash for FW, DC barrel jack for power, LPDDR3 memory, eMMC socket.

Spot on.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(04-16-2019, 01:59 PM)z4v4l Wrote: relax, r18 and a64 are the same SoCs from the same vendor. Allwinner loves to name their SoCs by tens of names. LTS is an improved revision of the previous Pine64 board. A lot of good things were added - 16 MB NOR flash for FW, DC barrel jack for power, LPDDR3 memory, eMMC socket.

Thanks, z4v4I - That explains why both of my mainboards - the A64+ and the A64-LTS - have the A64 SoC!   Idea
Eric P.
Portland, Oregon