Shipment to Russia?
Interested in purchasing PINEBOOK Pro. Since 8 years using arm-laptop Toshiba AC100 under Linux (Ubuntu 12), but now it is already too weak for modern websites and physically too worn out. It is a pity that there is no delivery to Russia..... Is there delivery to Ukraine, Finland, Armenia ? Are there people from the community in these countries who can help with the delivery of PINEBOOK Pro in any way to Russia? In the city of Novorossiysk, Moscow or St. Petersburg?
Hello.
So were are no options for Russia still?
(08-22-2020, 02:29 AM)zhaleks Wrote: Hello.
So were are no options for Russia still?

Still no option for Pinebook Pro, PineTab, and PinePhone. There is no shipping restriction for SBC which using China EMS shipping method.
@Luke wrote about the warehouse in Poland, and also that the information will be at the end of August. There is still no information available. Any update would be helpful as it is almost the end of August now.
All PinePhones have been sold out and I'm not sure if the Russians will ever get the devices at all, if it goes on like this.
(12-19-2019, 11:41 AM)tllim Wrote: For shipment that able to deliver using Post/EMS route, such as non battery operated or small battery (PineTime and PinePhone), deliver to Russia is possible.

Dear friend tllim ,

Before a new batch of PinePhone appears and inevitably gets quickly sold out, please could you:

1) Provide a China Post Registered Mail / Hong Kong Post Registered Mail shipping methods to Russia?

These shipping methods are really reliable and perfectly trackable: I order hundreds of items from AliExpress - with batteries too and this year too (didn't feel any extra delays, by the way). 98% of cheap packages and 100% of expensive (>$50) packages arrive to me in a great condition within 2 months (usually 1 month). Russians are patient and used to these waiting times, so we aren't interested in your EU redistribution center if that means more expensive shipping - even if it's faster.

Also, these "normal" shipping methods are much better than a "courier" EMS: Russian EMS is just barely faster (i.e. 1 week faster) so is overpriced, and there's an extra hassle of meeting with a courier - who often tries to meet you during a work day, and if you can't leave your job at the moment - you will have to take a day off to travel to remote warehouse and lose money / time. Meanwhile, the "normal" shipping methods arrive to a local post office close to your house, where you can pick it at any convenient moment.

2) Provide a directly-by-card / no-Paypal payment methods (just like on AliExpress) ?

Paypal has an awful customer service in Russia (could lock your funds without reason for 6 months), high commission fees - and also, since 2015 Paypal started to ask a lot of really sensitive personal documents: i.e. scan of a government ID - if a Paypal Russia employee resells it to some crooks, they could get an expensive bank loan on your name! For this reason, many Russians abandoned Paypal and switched from Paypal-only eBay to AliExpress, where you could pay directly by your card without a Paypal intermediator.

P.S. Probably all or almost all Russians interested in your Pinephone are the software engineers, and there's a huge prominent community of software / firmware hackers on 4pda Russian website. So - if you could provide these two requests above to help us directly get a Pinephone from you without a hassle with greedy mail forwarders - we could give back a huge benefit to Pinephone software/firmware and ecosystem in general.
Доброго здоровьица!
Всё чётко написал.
Благодарю.
Ишь ты, через поляков, плати им наши кровные... Big Grin
Привет из Нижнего Новгорода.

(08-28-2020, 04:53 AM)rushop Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 11:41 AM)tllim Wrote: For shipment that able to deliver using Post/EMS route, such as non battery operated or small battery (PineTime and PinePhone), deliver to Russia is possible.

Dear friend tllim ,

Before a new batch of PinePhone appears and inevitably gets quickly sold out, please could you:

1) Provide a China Post Registered Mail / Hong Kong Post Registered Mail shipping methods to Russia?

These shipping methods are really reliable and perfectly trackable: I order hundreds of items from AliExpress - with batteries too and this year too (didn't feel any extra delays, by the way). 98% of cheap packages and 100% of expensive (>$50) packages arrive to me in a great condition within 2 months (usually 1 month). Russians are patient and used to these waiting times, so we aren't interested in your EU redistribution center if that means more expensive shipping - even if it's faster.

Also, these "normal" shipping methods are much better than a "courier" EMS: Russian EMS is just barely faster (i.e. 1 week faster) so is overpriced, and there's an extra hassle of meeting with a courier - who often tries to meet you during a work day, and if you can't leave your job at the moment - you will have to take a day off to travel to remote warehouse and lose money / time. Meanwhile, the "normal" shipping methods arrive to a local post office close to your house, where you can pick it at any convenient moment.

2) Provide a directly-by-card / no-Paypal payment methods (just like on AliExpress) ?

Paypal has an awful customer service in Russia (could lock your funds without reason for 6 months), high commission fees - and also, since 2015 Paypal started to ask a lot of really sensitive personal documents: i.e. scan of a government ID - if a Paypal Russia employee resells it to some crooks, they could get an expensive bank loan on your name! For this reason, many Russians abandoned Paypal and switched from Paypal-only eBay to AliExpress, where you could pay directly by your card without a Paypal intermediator.

P.S. Probably all or almost all Russians interested in your Pinephone are the software engineers, and there's a huge prominent community of software / firmware hackers on 4pda Russian website. So - if you could provide these two requests above to help us directly get a Pinephone from you without a hassle with greedy mail forwarders - we could give back a huge benefit to Pinephone software/firmware and ecosystem in general.
@zhaleks Привет, земляк Smile

RU:
Что касается доставки через Польшу - главное чтобы в конечном итоге девайс был доставлен в целости и сохранности. Небольшие дополнительные транспортные расходы - не очень хорошо, но уж лучше так, чем не получить девайс вовсе.

В целом на текущий момент я вижу несколько путей:
1) Ждать открытия склада в Польше. Из плюсов - возможно более быстрая доставка. Из минусов - дополнительные транспортные расходы.
2) Ждать окончания пандемии и снятия ограничений транспортных компаний. Это не серьёзно, всякое может произойти, да? Не известно что конец 2020 года нам готовит...
3) Тайно сговориться с тем, кому без проблем могут доставить девайс. Далее обычная пересылка любой работающей почтовой компанией. Это ведь не наказуемо, так?

Все понимают, что Pine Team делают свою работу как могут, но как уже сказал @rushop , в России много заинтересованных инженеров и разработчиков. Не стоит игнорировать такой сегмент рынка.

EN:
As for delivery through Poland, the main thing is that the device is delivered safely. Small additional transportation costs are not good, but better than not getting the device at all.
I understand that the Pine Team is doing their job as best they can, but as @rushop has already said, there are many interested engineers and developers in Russia. This market segment should not be ignored.
(08-30-2020, 08:42 AM)zhaleks Wrote: Доброго здоровьица!
Всё чётко написал.
Благодарю.
Ишь ты, через поляков, плати им наши кровные... Big Grin
Привет из Нижнего Новгорода.

(08-28-2020, 04:53 AM)rushop Wrote:

Dear friend tllim ,

1. This limitation is on battery operated device such as PinePhone which only can be ship from Hong Kong. Please note that now is pandemic time, only bulk shipment can be arranged.
2. Pine Store currently explore on Stripe payment method.
Dear @tllim
I've heard of these restrictions many times, but can't you get around it? For example, send devices without a battery. As far as I know, the Pine Phone battery can be replaced with the Galaxy J7 battery. Devices can be sold at a discounted price without a battery; those who wish can buy a battery separately.
And I would like to know how things are with the warehouse in Poland, because @Luke has not yet provided any information.
(09-03-2020, 10:14 PM)tllim Wrote: 1. This limitation is on battery operated device such as PinePhone which only can be ship from Hong Kong. Please note that now is pandemic time, only bulk shipment can be arranged.
2. Pine Store currently explore on Stripe payment method.

Dear friend, please ask if "1." limitation is still valid? Despite the pandemic, during this year I bought a lot of devices with batteries (each in 1-5 pcs quantity, no bulk) - through China Post and Hong Kong post - one device even with 3 spare batteries! - and all them arrived fine to me without any noticeable delay. So I guarantee this is fine, at least for Russian buyers. The only difference I see: many devices had a sticker on a battery (not powering a device until a sticker is removed) - but your wiki tells your company are already doing it.

So, if the Chinese sellers can send it fine, you should be able to send it too without a problem - since the rules are the same for everyone. However, if you insist that this restriction is still valid, you could just send a PinePhone without a battery (would be nice if you could give a small discount for that) - and we simply buy a separate battery from AliExpress China, maybe even higher capacity than Pine's.

2. Regarding your Stripe payment method - please add it as soon as possible. Other alternatives: Alipay, or Direct Bank Transfer, would be also nice.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  45Eur Taxes for ~100Eur shipment to Germany hoijui 0 1,135 06-19-2022, 01:28 AM
Last Post: hoijui
  Shipment is on hold February, henrythemouse 2 2,341 04-05-2022, 11:55 AM
Last Post: henrythemouse
  Shipment to Russia is either too expensive (UPS, DHL) or non-legal ilyaigpetrov 2 2,956 02-11-2022, 04:30 AM
Last Post: ilyaigpetrov
  Shipment, I lost a track number and cannot remember where I saw it in a first place bilgames 0 1,585 11-13-2021, 09:21 AM
Last Post: bilgames
Question Shipment rejected by security check secxsquared 0 2,171 05-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: secxsquared
  Shipment returned to shipper weedcoder 2 5,067 01-28-2021, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Pelecanus
  No shipment number chillicoder 0 2,527 09-25-2020, 11:06 AM
Last Post: chillicoder
  Shipment cost deedend 2 4,719 09-17-2020, 08:55 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Shipment missing NAS case hkratz 3 6,321 07-07-2020, 01:56 AM
Last Post: hkratz
  Shipment upgrade to DHL dkaparis 2 5,307 06-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Last Post: dkaparis