kernel for NAS
I have a rockpro64/2G and a metal box with two 4T hard disks to build a nas, but can't find a kernel to support it.
ayufan's kernel seems can't get devices, and mrfixit's kernel can get the devices, but it don't support raid.
I want to build a custom kernel, but find it is very difficult, there is not any document about it.
(03-16-2019, 11:51 AM)chengjianwen Wrote: I have a rockpro64/2G and a metal box with two 4T hard disks to build a nas, but can't find a kernel to support it.
ayufan's kernel seems can't get devices, and mrfixit's kernel can get the devices, but it don't support raid.
I want to build a custom kernel, but find it is very difficult, there is not any document about it.
OMV is the best for NAS.
Here are all new versions > ayufan-rock64/linux-build.
Are you looking for that?
I had to use the mainline kernels (using the latest) to get support for the PCIe card.

The only issue with this kernel, that I've found, is the dang fan controller is broken. You can turn the fan on to 255, and after a few seconds it'll power itself down. Guessing the other builds don't do that.

Oh, and I'm using the default linux stretch minimal build from ayufan, using the latest prerelease.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Constant freezes or kernel panics data_kraken 7 6,926 12-23-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: LMM
  fan continously runs on kernel 5.8 but I need to use 5. kernel for PCIe sata card GreyLinux 4 5,584 10-20-2020, 10:52 AM
Last Post: GreyLinux