eMMC
I just got my parts and I was noticing the clusterbooard has a place for eMMC.  I also noticed that the compute modules look like they don't have a place to connect eMMC chips.

Is there no way to put eMMC on to the compute modules?

Is the one on the board just some kind of Network Attached Storage?
(02-11-2019, 08:41 PM)AZClusterboard Wrote: I just got my parts and I was noticing the clusterbooard has a place for eMMC.  I also noticed that the compute modules look like they don't have a place to connect eMMC chips.

Is there no way to put eMMC on to the compute modules?

Is the one on the board just some kind of Network Attached Storage?

It was made so people can netboot  modules on the board from the first one.
What is the maximum supported size?

I just realized that the wiki page for the Pine A64-lts says 64GB, while I ordered a 128GB one Sad

Does the SoPine module / Clusterboard have the same limitation?
(05-13-2020, 05:57 PM)poVoq Wrote: What is the maximum supported size?

I just realized that the wiki page for the Pine A64-lts says 64GB, while I ordered a 128GB one Sad

Does the SoPine module / Clusterboard have the same limitation?
Currently working on my sopine/clusterboard cluster.  the emmc on the clusterboard is wired into the first sopine module and accessible from there.  I am using a 64gb module so I can't say if the 128GB will work or not.  Regarding sd-cards form the sopines, I have both 64gb and 128gb cards installed and working fine.  

Currently messing with Fedora 32 and have worked through some of the quirks.  Let me know if you use this distro and I'll try to help.
Thanks for the heads up. I am planning to run Armbian Ubuntu 20.04 for now as I would like to try https://maas.io/ on the clusterboard.

I just need to fine the time to test it all. I have a 128gb eMMC as well as a 64gb one in my Pinebook Pro which I could swap in case it doesn't work.
According to this thread:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=10954
128gb emmc work with the cluster board.

Just for future reference Smile
(06-12-2020, 01:44 PM)poVoq Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I am planning to run Armbian Ubuntu 20.04 for now as I would like to try https://maas.io/ on the clusterboard.

I just need to fine the time to test it all. I have a 128gb eMMC as well as a 64gb one in my Pinebook Pro which I could swap in case it doesn't work.

Hey I'm planning on the exact same setup (MAAS + Armbian Ubuntu 20.04) on the clusterboard. Please let me know how it goes and if you encountered anything out of the ordinary.
Sorry, currently I am testing another setup. So don't wait for me with testing it. But please report back if you encounter any issues Wink
Sounds mighty interresting. Any update?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question ClusterBoard questions (eMMC, consoles, etc.) arrigo 3 4,581 11-05-2018, 06:54 AM
Last Post: arrigo
  eMMC on clusterboard in node 0 aww 3 5,606 08-14-2018, 07:06 PM
Last Post: dcdc