Printer install
Hi all, I have run into a snafu in trying to set up a printer on my pinebook. All goes well until i get ask for a username and password. I tried the pine64/pine64 with no luck. I think that i read some where about a root password but am unable to find a source. Do i need a different password to install a printer? This is just a test as i am having problems on a linux mint printer install and needed to know the process.
Thanks for any help
IceMeister

18.04 Mate
(11-10-2018, 08:54 PM)icemeister Wrote: Hi all, I have run into a snafu in trying to set up a printer on my pinebook. All goes well until i get ask for a username and password. I tried the pine64/pine64 with no luck. I think that i read some where about a root password but am unable to find a source. Do i need a different password to install a printer? This is just a test as i am having problems on a linux mint printer install and needed to know the process.
Thanks for any help
IceMeister

18.04 Mate
I assume you are using KDE OS. if you have runs thru the first tiem setup script, then you have already setup your own password. If you still  not yet run thru the first time setup script, the root password is "live" which is KDE default password.
Sorry i did not give clear description of problem i am having. I have been trying to add a printer and am using xenial mate 18.04 upgraded from 16.04 i never changed the default settings as i am using pinebook as a backup and learning experience. I reach a point when i am ask for a user name and password and the use of pine64/pine64 does not work.
I opted to reinstall and see if i could make it happen and thought i was installing the latest software but it is still 16.04 on the wikki and when installed all i get is internal errors.
I need more research on what to do next.

Thanks for the help
I just purchased a Pinebook Pro. I feel ignorant but I can't figure out how to install a printer. I don't see the option on any of the menus and haven't found any posts regarding this topic.
(01-14-2020, 07:59 AM)dlester1964d Wrote: I just purchased a Pinebook Pro.  I feel ignorant but I can't figure out how to install a printer.  I don't see the option on any of the menus and haven't found any posts regarding this topic.

Try searching the Pinebook Pro subforums, several others have posted about adding printers, this thread is for the older Pinebooks and Pinebook 1080Ps. 2 different pieces of hardware.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can't install any distro. Preinstalled neon freezes rckt 2 3,588 07-23-2019, 04:50 AM
Last Post: rckt