Detailed NAS Case assembly (ameriDroid)
(04-25-2019, 01:11 AM)Luke Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:16 PM)g_t_j Wrote: Does anyone know if 4 HDDs (2 x 3.5 + 2 x 2.5) can be fitted in the case?

It can. You just need to figure out how to power 4 drives. Also (I am stating the obvious) you need a PCIe SATA adapter with 4 ports which would work.

Hm... yes you're right. Somehow I was under the impression there are 4 inputs on that PCIe card. (I'm still waiting for my order)

I guess if there a HAT providing 2 x USB 3.0 inputs, the above build would have been doable!
Hello, quite new on the forum and I looking into buying a rockpro to hos a relisio.
Instead of HDD I want to Use SSD and therefore the ROCKPro64 PCI-e X4 to M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Card

would it fit in the NAS box? I would assume so but just wanted to have confirmation prior to ordering one.

thanks!
(08-10-2019, 06:49 AM)vorondil Wrote: Hello, quite new on the forum and I looking into buying a rockpro to hos a relisio.
Instead of HDD  I want to Use SSD and therefore the ROCKPro64 PCI-e X4 to M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Card

would it fit in the NAS box? I would assume so but just wanted to have confirmation prior to ordering one.

thanks!

should fit, you can only install one NVMe SSD.
It's a cute little SATA card that sells in the PINE store. Might take a little looking to find another one that fits in the case, but I know there are people running 4, 5 or maybe more disks off of such a card. Once I play with this a ilttle while, I might look into building another for more disks.

The multiple NVME cards I've used require setting PCIe bifurcation (or dual bifurcation for 4X) in the BIOs, I have no idea whether there's an equivalent way to use the slot on the RockPro64
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
Read from reddit that someone is trying to build a router using an Intel PCI-E dual Ethernet card out of the case.

I'd like to know if someone can confirm if there's enough room for a standard PCI-E Ethernet card?
(10-01-2020, 04:40 PM)Enig123 Wrote: Read from reddit that someone is trying to build a router using an Intel PCI-E dual Ethernet card out of the case.

I'd like to know if someone can confirm if there's enough room for a standard PCI-E Ethernet card?

I only have access to older Intel dual gigabit cards (PRO/1000 PT) and with it's length of 130 mm it would fit but it would be touching the case (so I wouldn't do it). Smile

The bracket (the metal piece where you put the screw) is smaller, I measure it to be 80 mm which should match the standard of the "PCI Low-Profile bracket".

A bit of searching shows that there are a number of cards out there that would fit, although I didn't find any IntelConfused

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone require a apple-sleek NAS case, w/ ample passive cooling & mutliple ssds? dairymilkbatman 0 217 01-19-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: dairymilkbatman
  3D Printed 2 SSD Vertical NAS Case tenox 1 2,124 12-19-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: CounterPillow
  [Turorial] NAS Using A Recycled 1U Proliant Case ColPanic_ 1 2,732 06-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: LMM
  NAS/fileserver project—RP64 in 1U ATX/ITX case (comments welcome!) Skirmisher 10 13,457 04-09-2021, 01:37 AM
Last Post: MNtinkerer
  Ideas to use extra space in NAS case? _hg_ 1 3,262 10-04-2020, 11:42 PM
Last Post: zer0sig