TV is not detected unless powered on first
Hello!

I noticed a small problem with my rock64 and I can't get to fix it.
So basically I installed LibreELEC on my Rock64 and I noticed that if I don't turn on my tv/monitor within the first minute then there is no output signal.
I tried searching for the problem however I could not find specifics.
The only solutions I found were for the RPi, which did'nt work.

Is this a known issue? Has anobody else noticed this? Suggestions?

Thanks!
(09-09-2018, 06:20 PM)excelsi0r Wrote: Hello!

So basically I installed LibreELEC on my Rock64 and I noticed that if I don't turn on my tv/monitor within the first minute then there is no output signal.

Thanks!

I haven't been following LE for some time now, but this problem can be caused by a faulty HDMI cable (experienced it myself). Have you tried a different OS image - does it happen on ayufan's desktop image ?
You can try to force the resolution of your monitor in extlinux - should overcome the issue with a faulty cable.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Hi,
I have the same behavior with:

Linux rock64 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 08:22:22 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux.

In addition, my board restarts alone 1 or 2 times; after that it can works without problem for several days. Asking the board to suspend execution (rather than shutdown) then wake-up (using the power switch) avoids unexpected reboot, but the is not a satisfactory solution.
Ragards
(09-10-2018, 07:22 AM)pas059 Wrote: Hi,

Linux rock64 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 08:22:22 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux.

In addition, my board restarts alone 1 or 2 times; after that it can works without problem for several days. Asking the board to suspend execution (rather than shutdown) then wake-up (using the power switch) avoids unexpected reboot, but the is not a satisfactory solution.
Ragards

That is strange. Which image is that exactly ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(09-10-2018, 04:38 AM)Luke Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 06:20 PM)excelsi0r Wrote: Hello!

Thanks!

I haven't been following LE for some time now, but this problem can be caused by a faulty HDMI cable (experienced it myself). Have you tried a different OS image - does it happen on ayufan's desktop image ?
You can try to force the resolution of your monitor in extlinux - should overcome the issue with a faulty cable.

I tried using a ayufan build (bionic-lxde-rock64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz) however achieved the same result, if tv/monitor is not turned on during boot process the there is no signal. Also tried with a LG Tv and Asus Monitor. Also tried 3 different hdmi cables, lenghts from 1m to 2m. Unplugging the hdmi and plugging again does not work either.
(09-10-2018, 02:15 PM)Luke Wrote:
(09-10-2018, 07:22 AM)pas059 Wrote: Hi,

Ragards

That is strange. Which image is that exactly ?
Hi,
i use this image: bionic-lxde-rock64-0.6.44-239-arm64.img.xz
and i done an upgrade using the procedure indicated in your post here
regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battery powered rock64 omer811 2 3,057 01-02-2019, 06:24 PM
Last Post: jandastroy