CSI-2 MIPI
Hi,

I'm designing a camera board to interface with the rockpro64 CSI-2 connector. Here're some questions I have because I could not find a hardware user guide for this board.

1. What DVP_PDN stands for?
Pin 12 on the connector DVP_PDN1 and DVP_PDN0_H are each connected to a GPIO. Since MIPI_RST already has a RC delayed pull up for reset. I'm not sure what's this for. Or this can be used for any purpose?

2. I2C multiplexing
It appears all three connectors share a single I2C interface. Thus I'm not sure how it will be used if both sensor has the same slave ID especially in a dual cam HDR application. And it appears many Sony sensors shared the slave ID across variety of chips based on driver code on github.

3. Power voltage
I'm getting confused by the power voltage. On the connector it has two separate rails of 2.8V. Then a 1.2V and a 1.8V. But there's a note in the LDO section that says 1.8 is replaced with 2.8V? However many sensor out there, IMX214 included has one 1.8V. Can some engineer clarify this for me? Then there's a VCC5 and I assume that's constantly powered on?

Additional questions related to rock3399
4. CSI lane swapping
I can't find documentation on this. But many D-PHY is capable of lane swapping with register setting that controls the input MUX. I'm not sure if rock3399 has this capability. This will facilitate board layout.

Thanks!
Good questions. I would like to try to interface my rc3399 to an image sensor too.
What type of flat cable is used? I have a couple RPi cameras (one OmniVision, and one Sony), can they be used on the ROCKPRO64?

What about software? Which drivers are used? What about V4L support?

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mipi DSi 40 pin khaosgrille 0 2,322 07-26-2020, 11:08 AM
Last Post: khaosgrille
  Connection 2k LCD displays over MIPI AI_newsettler 1 2,922 11-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Last Post: FancyPBJ
  MIPI CSI connector and FPC hitmantj 1 3,307 07-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Bullet64