FreeBSD on pine64
http://www.raspbsd.org/pine64.html
(07-02-2018, 04:54 AM)e-minguez Wrote: http://www.raspbsd.org/pine64.html

Thank !
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

I've just tested this and it seems HDMI output is not working Sad
(08-01-2018, 08:29 AM)e-minguez Wrote: I've just tested this and it seems HDMI output is not working Sad

I hate it when people put images online that don't work.. that's why I posted my own.. I know it at least does and doesn't and tried to put that in the post with the download..

Sounds like a simple dtb issue..
I'm currently trying to debug some mutex issue but if I have time I'll go and fetch my A64+ and try and fix it.
You could also try importing head and use crochet to build your own image but that is at first a pretty slow process to setup.
(08-01-2018, 09:23 AM)paradise Wrote:
(08-01-2018, 08:29 AM)e-minguez Wrote: I've just tested this and it seems HDMI output is not working Sad

I hate it when people put images online that don't work.. that's why I posted my own.. I know it at least does and doesn't and tried to put that in the post with the download..

Sounds like a simple dtb issue..
I'm currently trying to debug some mutex issue but if I have time I'll go and fetch my A64+ and try and fix it.
You could also try importing head and use crochet to build your own image but that is at first a pretty slow process to setup.
Do you mind to share your repo in order to try your image?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
I'll try and upload the entire thing today.
I'm currently troubleshooting a couple more issues (I think some of it was my own doing sort-of)
I had a pretty weird construction to get FreeBSD boot from a 16MB MFS image but who knew mounting NFS on MFS and then TMPFS and NULLFS on that will make your life a living hell. It works fine until it weirdly hangs on I have no idea- I get into a state where only CTRL-T (I think) says something about rpcbind.
Witness and all other stuff enabled only made me notice how bad the locking is so I just managed to make the 16MG MFS act like a full install by symlinking the hell out of it. :-)

So next order of business for me was getting gdb running on aarch64 (also handy for debugging new weird issues I have with my cluster controller software on the A64)

* Have Raspberry PI 3's running my clustercode for more then 6 months with 0 errors/downtime, I'm only now able to get my code up and running for longer then a day. Somehow the A64 stops threads like for( ; ; ){ }  after a couple of thousand loops so I changed it to while(1){} and no more crashes until now *knocks on wood.

#weird

But still post it all today.
Will also try and diff with head and see what I changed in the last 3 weeks to get it running. (lots of codestyling changes is going to give me a headache but ok) haha
Actually, there is official images starting with 12.0-RELEASE
I've got a pine64 running but the console display goes blank after some time at boot, so it is headless right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
What did you have to do to get the official FreeBSD image running?  I grabbed the current image from http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/relea...ISO-IMAGES, specifically the LTS one since that's the hardware I've got, wrote it to eMMC, and the system has apparently booted with it, or at least the ethernet LEDs flash after awhile indicating activity, however there's no HDMI output and the system doesn't request a DHCP address, indicating something's happening but no-one's home.  With no ethernet or HDMI access here's no obvious way to diagnose things, next step would be to randomly try the current snapshot to see if that works.  There's also RaspBSD, but that's just a link to two binary blobs with no indication as to what you're getting, and since there's an official FreeBSD image I'd prefer to go with that.
As a followup, just tried the last two snapshots for -12 and -13 and both exhibit the same behaviour. Next step will be to hook up a serial interface to check the debug output, but AFAICT the official FreeBSD Pine64 images don't seem to actually work on a Pine64.
A further followup, with a more flexible HDMI monitor (one that adapts to the device's output resolution rather than not displaying an image) it displays diagnostics on boot and gets some way into the boot process before the video output goes dead, both for -12 stable and -13 snapshots.  Unfortunately the info scrolls past at such a speed that there's no way to tell how far it gets before the video output goes dead.  So I'm getting the same as:
Quote:I've got a pine64 running but the console display goes blank after some time at boot, so it is headless right now

but it's not just headless, it's mostly a corpse: Display dead, keyboard dead, and occasional bursts of network activity but nothing at a recognisable level, so it doesn't request a DHCP address or anything similar.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Install OpenBSD 7.2 on Pine64+ (2Gb) pierrep 2 1,585 03-29-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  OpenBSD on Pine64 e-minguez 5 10,009 05-24-2019, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Luke