Anyone able to play x265 10bit?
I'm able to play some x265 videos but not all.  It seems that it's the ones that are encoded in 10bit are the ones that won't play, but I'll admit I don't know everything about encoding specs. 

I typically use VLC or MX Player.  Would something else be better? 

I assume others are using their Rock64 to play x265 media files.  How's it working?
(06-30-2018, 06:02 PM)JeffsNetflixPassword Wrote: I'm able to play some x265 videos but not all.  It seems that it's the ones that are encoded in 10bit are the ones that won't play, but I'll admit I don't know everything about encoding specs. 

I assume others are using their Rock64 to play x265 media files.  How's it working?

Don't Used VLC , MX PLAYER  they don't support ,
 Find out RKMC PLAYER is good choose
If I am wrong please correct my content , thank !

1. Use Pine64 Running Ubuntu 16.04 Web Server ( LAMP )

2. Use Pine64 Running Official Android 6  for Media player
3. Use Pine64 Running Volumio Digital Audio Player

(06-30-2018, 11:41 PM)joe Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 06:02 PM)JeffsNetflixPassword Wrote: I'm able to play some x265 videos but not all.  It seems that it's the ones that are encoded in 10bit are the ones that won't play, but I'll admit I don't know everything about encoding specs. 

Unfortunately rkmc will not be developed anymore. since kodi 18 now supports our rockships this is no longer necessary. and unfortunately the rkmc at 4k videos had problems. With kodi 18, the 4k movies are probably actually running in 4k. I can recommend it unreservedly even if the status is currently still beta.
(10-03-2018, 02:42 AM)geno Wrote:

Unfortunately rkmc will not be developed anymore. since kodi 18 now supports our rockships this is no longer necessary. and unfortunately the rkmc at 4k videos had problems. With kodi 18, the 4k movies are probably actually running in 4k. I can recommend it unreservedly even if the status is currently still beta.

Hello geno,

I'm currently using RKMC 16.1-RC3 for playing 4K videos. And so far it's doing good. Is it necessary to upgrade RKMC 16.1 to Kodi 18?
(02-17-2019, 08:31 PM)leonqin Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 02:42 AM)geno Wrote:

Hello geno,

I'm currently using RKMC 16.1-RC3 for playing 4K videos. And so far it's doing good. Is it necessary to upgrade RKMC 16.1 to Kodi 18?

if you are satisfied with it continue using it.
never touch a running system. you can also have both apps installed at the same time for testing purposes and look for something more appealing. Personally, I use the current version of kodi 18 and am happy with it.

10-bit H264/H265 video playback was solved in Android Pie by Rockchip.
Now Pine64 just have to release Android Pie soon.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Play on Android 9.0 admiral_andersen 3 5,874 05-29-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: admiral_andersen
  Which Android version supports Google Play? AkiraSensei 4 7,244 08-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: AkiraSensei