When will my board ship?
(06-02-2016, 12:32 AM)upartner Wrote: Very disappointed,you did not do shipping as your commitment.
It is very desperate that I send mail to the salesman asking for a refund, but there has been no reply.
I would like to ask how to refund.
Who can I should contact ?  or could you please give me the email address to contact.
Thanks.

You can contact to support@pine64.com
For people like Er0l, I'd like to let them know that as an original Kickstarter backer, I really don't care about people who did pre-orders. It makes no sense for people who funded the company to get it off the ground to have to wait for people who came in as pre-orders, since those are two completely separate processes. I also don't want to have to listen to them complain about delayed shipments.

Kickstarter backers were told we'd have our boards by April (as the latest shipment option available). People that backed for earliest delivery were told boards would ship in February. So forgive us original backers that might be as much as 4 months behind and still not having product for not having any sympathy for those of you that came in after the fact. You can not care about us all you want, but without us, you wouldn't even have the ability to pre-order a board. WE funded this company, so it's 100% reasonable that we are taken care of first. Don't like it? Do like TL Lim suggests, and email the company for a refund. No idea why you think you can request a refund from a forum. I'm sick of seeing these idiotic posts.

And in the future, maybe people like you should avoid pre-orders all together, and wait for something to be established a full year before you bother ordering something. Your entitled attitude makes me sick, and you sound like a spoiled brat.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(06-02-2016, 12:46 AM)tllim Wrote: You can contact to support@pine64.com

You can, sure. 

And support@pine64.com can reply.

But can is not the same as will – I speak as someone who's been trying to get a definite answer out of someone at Pine for the last month now. A generic "oops sorry we're a bit late" email does NOT count as a proper response or solution to my issue as far as I'm concerned.
Backer #29,562 - KS funded 23 Jan 2016 - Backerkit funded 10 Mar 2016
STATUS - RECEIVED - STILL WAITING FOR MY TRACKING NUMBER THOUGH...  Undecided
"can vs will"

I've purposely sent only two emails since the beginning of May when Pine64's generic update indicated they were overwhelmed by requests. I noticed in the generic email update that they were experiencing a "9 day response time" ... so I sent a second email at the 2 week mark. I have yet to receive a response to either regarding shipping.

My assumption is they are not receiving every email ... or their reply staff is way too small for the volume of email and that the 9-days is only for some of the emails??? (a 3rd possibility is that they really can't give us an updated and are themselves puzzled as to why many lower numbered Kickstarter backers are still looking at the "Ready To Ship" indication -- mine has been there a couple months now. Frankly I'd get excited just to see that change!)
Huh  
--
Backer number #17,538  + KS Funded 01/23/2016 + Backerkit CC charged 3/10/2016
Backerkit STATUS: Ready to Ship, No Tracking Number, Not Received
(06-02-2016, 10:01 AM)montero65 Wrote: For people like Er0l, I'd like to let them know that as an original Kickstarter backer, I really don't care about people who did pre-orders.  It makes no sense for people who funded the company to get it off the ground to have to wait for people who came in as pre-orders, since those are two completely separate processes.  I also don't want to have to listen to them complain about delayed shipments.

Kickstarter backers were told we'd have our boards by April (as the latest shipment option available).  People that backed for earliest delivery were told boards would ship in February.  So forgive us original backers that might be as much as 4 months behind and still not having product for not having any sympathy for those of you that came in after the fact.  You can not care about us all you want, but without us, you wouldn't even have the ability to pre-order a board.  WE funded this company, so it's 100% reasonable that we are taken care of first.  Don't like it?  Do like TL Lim suggests, and email the company for a refund.  No idea why you think you can request a refund from a forum.  I'm sick of seeing these idiotic posts.

And in the future, maybe people like you should avoid pre-orders all together, and wait for something to be established a full year before you bother ordering something.  Your entitled attitude makes me sick, and you sound like a spoiled brat.

I actually registered for the forum just to reply to this rant, I can understand your "entitlement", after all you paid in to the kick starter and gambled that it would come to be. 

However I cannot understand your hate and vitriol  for other people who purchased the product via sales rather than kickstarter, lets be frank and admit that people with so little empathy for other members of a to be community are not going to be adding much extra themselves and especially when they represent the community effort.

Yes you funded the kickstarter but in order for the product to continue to be developed then this is going to require new cash.

You, I presume got what you paid for but since the hardware is actually much less work than optimizing and maintaining the software then without continued funding, what you have now is all you will get EVER. 

If you really want just what you have and for it to be left behind as the software moves on then you should continue with your elitist attitude, however if you wish to see this product grow into more then can I suggest you limit your posts to those that are productive and in line with the professional image this endeavor deserves.

I ordered the top product with additional comms board and whilst it is still within the promised shipping period, the lack of continued communication is a little unsettling. I got an email with tracking  just after I ordered and nothing since, to be frank the minimal effort required to retain custom confidence by posting regular updates would have prevented all of these "Have you forgotten me?" posts

So rather than taking out the spite, you clearly feel, upon confused and isolated purchasers, wondering exactly what is happening perhaps you might use your kickstarter influence to improve the project's communication so people do not have to post here.

The sales/kickstart investors are only competing in your head but your negative posts can quickly remove their investment to make yours dead in the water.

If they took that guy's money then he has an equal right to expect what he has paid for, they haven't taken mine yet so until they do then I have only the right to cancel if it takes too long. That is how things should be and I agree that the effort should deal with those that have already paid before me. promises should be kept but investment demands return, kick starter or pre-sale doesn't matter only that money changed hands IMHO.
Everyone has a right to speak their mind, but all I see is negativity in this thread. upartner got an answer to his request and lets all hope his case finds a satisfactory resolution. So if this thread will turn into some sort of pointless fight and exchange where people call each other idiots then I will close it. No need to be rude to each other to get an opinion across.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Oscar, if you look at all my other posts, you'll find 2 negative ones along the same lines (this was one of them). Like many backers, I don't have what I paid for yet, but have been pretty patiently waiting for a few months now.

I don't have hate for people that bought after Kickstarter, in fact I think it's great that more people want in on this! I'm not trying to have an elitist attitude about it (although re-reading my post, I see how it comes across). I'm trying to point out that people who start an account and instantly start complaining their stuff is late by a few weeks aren't going to find much sympathy from those of us that were promised our stuff 4 months ago. And when the attitude is "screw the people that helped get the company started, I'm more important", I threw the same attitude back and pointed out that us backers ARE actually important here because we helped get the company up and running.

As far as not having empathy, please go back and re-read the post by Er0l that I was responding to. I basically copied his words, and swapped "Kickstarter" for "pre-orders". Do you mean to tell me he is showing his empathy right from the start of his time on the forums? Does he seem concerned with the future of the product and this community that will help it grow? I would say no. If he's wondering what is happening, he needs to ask in a decent manner, not come in with attitude.

Now that we have that done, I agree with you 100% as far as communication issues and lack of tracking info. Pine could be doing much more to instill customer confidence, sending out more updates, ANY kind of communication. Weekly updates would be great. That has been mentioned so many times though, do I need to mention it again? Besides, every time it is mentioned, and suggestions are made, we've seen nothing change. I also agree that all orders are important, Kickstarter, pre-order, or store. No sense upsetting the first adopters, as it makes it hard to move forward.

I do hope to see this community grow, and for this product to flourish. I'm excited that people did pre-orders and are doing store orders, as it means the company can continue to grow and more development can occur. I just hate seeing new people come onto the forum with the attitude that Er0l displayed.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(06-06-2016, 11:46 AM)montero65 Wrote: Oscar, if you look at all my other posts, you'll find 2 negative ones along the same lines (this was one of them).  Like many backers, I don't have what I paid for yet, but have been pretty patiently waiting for a few months now.

I don't have hate for people that bought after Kickstarter, in fact I think it's great that more people want in on this!  I'm not trying to have an elitist attitude about it (although re-reading my post, I see how it comes across).  I'm trying to point out that people who start an account and instantly start complaining their stuff is late by a few weeks aren't going to find much sympathy from those of us that were promised our stuff 4 months ago.  And when the attitude is "screw the people that helped get the company started, I'm more important", I threw the same attitude back and pointed out that us backers ARE actually important here because we helped get the company up and running.

As far as not having empathy, please go back and re-read the post by Er0l that I was responding to.  I basically copied his words, and swapped "Kickstarter" for "pre-orders".  Do you mean to tell me he is showing his empathy right from the start of his time on the forums?  Does he seem concerned with the future of the product and this community that will help it grow?  I would say no.  If he's wondering what is happening, he needs to ask in a decent manner, not come in with attitude.

Now that we have that done, I agree with you 100% as far as communication issues and lack of tracking info.  Pine could be doing much more to instill customer confidence, sending out more updates, ANY kind of communication.  Weekly updates would be great.  That has been mentioned so many times though, do I need to mention it again?  Besides, every time it is mentioned, and suggestions are made, we've seen nothing change.  I also agree that all orders are important, Kickstarter, pre-order, or store.  No sense upsetting the first adopters, as it makes it hard to move forward.

I do hope to see this community grow, and for this product to flourish.  I'm excited that people did pre-orders and are doing store orders, as it means the company can continue to grow and more development can occur.  I just hate seeing new people come onto the forum with the attitude that Er0l displayed.

You basicly attacked Er0l and he didn't even mention you. All he said is that he don't care about KS and he has right to say it. With all due respect you use words like "paid" when in fact you didn't pay for anything. You backed/supported starting company so they could bring they're idea to the market.

I wish they fulfilled all the rewards to KS backers but they didn't and started taking pre-orders very fast with shipping date before end of may["or sooner not later"-their words]. When you BUY something and have fixed date and you don't recieve your product you should have a right to cancel your order. We can't do it and like EVERYONE we don't get any updates. So we stuck whether we like it or not.
Do I think pre-orders should ship regardless of KS rewards being fulfilled already? Yes. Do I think this situation is ok. Hell no. That's the problem with backing something on KS unfortunately and I burned my self more than once.

So instead of unload your anger on other be people you should be only angry at company that you backed. I hope you'll get your reward before my purchase though.
(06-06-2016, 11:46 AM)montero65 Wrote: Oscar, if you look at all my other posts, you'll find 2 negative ones along the same lines (this was one of them).  Like many backers, I don't have what I paid for yet, but have been pretty patiently waiting for a few months now.

I don't have hate for people that bought after Kickstarter, in fact I think it's great that more people want in on this!  I'm not trying to have an elitist attitude about it (although re-reading my post, I see how it comes across).  I'm trying to point out that people who start an account and instantly start complaining their stuff is late by a few weeks aren't going to find much sympathy from those of us that were promised our stuff 4 months ago.  And when the attitude is "screw the people that helped get the company started, I'm more important", I threw the same attitude back and pointed out that us backers ARE actually important here because we helped get the company up and running.

As far as not having empathy, please go back and re-read the post by Er0l that I was responding to.  I basically copied his words, and swapped "Kickstarter" for "pre-orders".  Do you mean to tell me he is showing his empathy right from the start of his time on the forums?  Does he seem concerned with the future of the product and this community that will help it grow?  I would say no.  If he's wondering what is happening, he needs to ask in a decent manner, not come in with attitude.

Now that we have that done, I agree with you 100% as far as communication issues and lack of tracking info.  Pine could be doing much more to instill customer confidence, sending out more updates, ANY kind of communication.  Weekly updates would be great.  That has been mentioned so many times though, do I need to mention it again?  Besides, every time it is mentioned, and suggestions are made, we've seen nothing change.  I also agree that all orders are important, Kickstarter, pre-order, or store.  No sense upsetting the first adopters, as it makes it hard to move forward.

I do hope to see this community grow, and for this product to flourish.  I'm excited that people did pre-orders and are doing store orders, as it means the company can continue to grow and more development can occur.  I just hate seeing new people come onto the forum with the attitude that Er0l displayed.

In light of this post I have removed my downvote, perhaps I was too quick to respond to what I saw in your post without recognising it as being a mirror of ER0l's.

May I add that we are all in this together, we all want to see the project reach it full potential and we all want to have confidence that our investment will bare fruit.

I do agree that communication between pine and it's supporters has been less that perfect, I would add that although this seems such a small thing that it is in reality essential for continued confidence. Confidence is very much that which determines investment even when it is only sales.

Something as simple as a percentage of completed orders for KS, pre-sales, sales to date per week would be enough for people to see that things are moving in the correct direction. If you added information about any blockages to the flow then this would allow those effected to know that they haven't been forgotten

I live in the UK and here people are willing to queue for something so long as they can see that 
  a) People do not jump the queue.
  b) The line is moving with happy customers leaving the head of the queue with what everyone is waiting for.
  c) Any people effected by a blockage join a separate queue with priority once the blockage is cleared.

I know queuing isn't popular everywhere but the transparency of the system allows all to see that waiting patiently because you know roughly how long you will need to wait for your goodies is better than distracting the person servicing the queue, thus slowing the efficiency of the whole system for everyone.

For me transparency and knowing that the company I am dealing with honors its obligations is paramount, I am sure we would all be happy to wait our turn if we could only see what is happening to our peers in front of us.
As a fellow United Kingdomer, I find this queuing analogy  metaphor  simile  analogy to be very very apt.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time to ship... jerryfudd 7 13,135 02-28-2018, 08:37 AM
Last Post: jerryfudd
Exclamation Got your PINE64 board yet? Post here! shockr 261 269,810 07-27-2016, 12:48 AM
Last Post: vinodmenon80
  Lost Board? rayzr8 35 41,750 07-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Last Post: tllim
Sad Where is my board? duane 4 6,259 07-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Last Post: duane
Photo Missing items, board without switches zzarko 7 9,357 06-29-2016, 07:23 AM
Last Post: damian1m
  Kickstarter claims I received board - not true. pedalman 2 3,940 06-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Last Post: tllim
  Return of faulty board fdx 5 6,347 06-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Ghost
  After KS sales (16x boards) has yet to ship pineresearch 11 15,953 06-13-2016, 03:43 AM
Last Post: bonterra
  No Pine64 board nor tracking number n0n4m3 5 7,454 05-16-2016, 07:22 PM
Last Post: scprosser
  Where has my board gone? paysondude 3 5,310 05-05-2016, 09:55 PM
Last Post: paysondude