installation blues
(03-26-2018, 06:44 AM)Trash_Can_Man Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 06:24 AM)mranderson Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:58 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 02:33 AM)mranderson Wrote: actually I don't quite understand, these are in the link in the pdf of how to install it, which one is the stock image?

Stock would be this one: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_7.x

It's the one that the pine64 guys have provided rather than one of ayufan's community builds.

Since you're on Windows, try the PINE64 Installer... you'll then be able to see all the images for the rock64 in one place, as well as then download and write them to your SD card / eMMC.

thanks! that sounds like a great idea.
unfortunately i didnt see the usb adapter for the emmc card, will the pine64 installer also work for me if i plug it in via usb?

Again as i said previously if you dont even see the device you need to solve that first...absolutelly nothing happens when you plug the adapter with the emmc on the pc? no sound either? keep in mind that windows wont mount a drive if the emmc is formatted on any linux format but you should see a device on the device manager...
I did get it to work finally, switching around usb ports, but it seems really fickle
(03-26-2018, 08:13 AM)mranderson Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:58 AM)pfeerick Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 02:33 AM)mranderson Wrote: actually I don't quite understand, these are in the link in the pdf of how to install it, which one is the stock image?

Stock would be this one: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_7.x

It's the one that the pine64 guys have provided rather than one of ayufan's community builds.

Since you're on Windows, try the PINE64 Installer... you'll then be able to see all the images for the rock64 in one place, as well as then download and write them to your SD card / eMMC.

unfortunately i didnt see the usb adapter for the emmc card, will the pine64 installer also work for me if i plug it in via usb?

Again as i said previously if you dont even see the device you need to solve that first...absolutelly nothing happens when you plug the adapter with the emmc on the pc? no sound either? keep in mind that windows wont mount a drive if the emmc is formatted on any linux format but you should see a device on the device manager...
I did get it to work finally, switching around usb ports, but it seems really fickle

Those emmc adapters seem very basic, most probably the problem is on the pc, anyway, keep us updated if you get some of the suggested images to work on your rock64 and/or any progress...
(03-26-2018, 08:25 AM)Trash_Can_Man Wrote: Those emmc adapters seem very basic, most probably the problem is on the pc, anyway, keep us updated if you get some of the suggested images to work on your rock64 and/or any progress...
Unless a hardware or driver issue is present on the PC, I would assume it's the adapter. As you said, it's very basic.

Off-topic, but why'd you go and burn old lady Semple's pension check ole Trashy? You know they'll send you to that nuthouse down in Terre Haute! (By far my all-time favorite book!)
(03-26-2018, 08:25 AM)Trash_Can_Man Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:13 AM)mranderson Wrote:
(03-24-2018, 05:58 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Stock would be this one: http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCK64_...ndroid_7.x

Those emmc adapters seem very basic, most probably the problem is on the pc, anyway, keep us updated if you get some of the suggested images to work on your rock64 and/or any progress...
Managed to install the other stock image. For some reason it's an Android TV image, not what I wanted. Are all the images the tv image? I specifically chose one that was not supposed to be the ATV one. The mouse doesn't work in many cases such as clicking in youtube.

Also, where can I adjust a fixed resolution setting, change the bootup logo and animation? Is there something like a boot.ini?

thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EEMC installation - No devices found WhiskerBiscuit 2 3,523 06-12-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: MichaelRock