HW Acceleration Working
All hail Lord Lenny ...
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

So what is going to happen regarding the missing EULA? I cannot include the mali blobs in my images or any package without am EULA which permits redistribution. As the download from Pine64 wiki does also not include an license information and afaik ARM requires to include a license when redistributing the license situation is unclear to me.

In any case thanks to @Lenny.raposo-pine64.pro for providing me with the required device tree changes - one can now use a build from https://github.com/longsleep/linux-pine6...ks-1.2-drm tree and HDMI output works just fine using the new drm driver.

Also the build gear has been updated to automatically use the correct device tree if the Kernel is build with sunxi-drm or without it. See https://github.com/longsleep/build-pine6...cc2c04b9fd

I might eventually release a Kernel build with the new display driver after having received some feedback.
Thank you so much guys...!!!
Awesome job..!!!!
this is great!!
cant wait to get it on my pine Big Grin
awsome work guys!! Big Grin
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(07-29-2016, 09:25 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: This was  a huge team effort.

Big thanks needs to go out to Xalius (without you I would have missed the fact I was using the wrong kernel module), longsleep (for starting all this, without your kernel work we wouldn't be where we are at), ssvb + mripard + apritzel (for taking the time in educating me on how it all works) and our soldier in the front lines Mr. TL Lim (this man has gone above and beyond in getting us what we need to get this far with development).

I would also like to say thanks to the Jet from AllWinner (those DTS entries helped alot and the drm portions worked out).

Now onto cleanup and mass distribution of this update Wink.

Very well done team! I'm impressed you have gotten so far this quickly! Great work everyone
When I run Youtube or Netflix under Android with Pine 64 the video quality is acceptable. When I run them under Linux I get video that is a bit more choppy. Will the Hardware acceleration improve this, or am I just using the wrong browser / application for youtube under linux?.....
It may help under linux but it remains to be seen. I am currently testing things out at the moment

Here are some screens showing the glmark2-es2 tests thus far

[Image: gltest-1.png]

[Image: gltest-2.png]

[Image: gltest-3.png]

[Image: gltest-4.png]

[Image: gltest-5.png]

[Image: gltest-6.png]

[Image: gltest-7.png]

[Image: gltest-8.png]

[Image: gltest-9.png]

[Image: gltest-10.png]

[Image: gltest-11.png]

[Image: gltest-12.png]

[Image: gltest-13.png]

[Image: gltest-14.png]
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
(07-29-2016, 09:25 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: This was  a huge team effort.

Big thanks needs to go out to Xalius (without you I would have missed the fact I was using the wrong kernel module), longsleep (for starting all this, without your kernel work we wouldn't be where we are at), ssvb + mripard + apritzel (for taking the time in educating me on how it all works) and our soldier in the front lines Mr. TL Lim (this man has gone above and beyond in getting us what we need to get this far with development).

I would also like to say thanks to the Jet from AllWinner (those DTS entries helped alot and the drm portions worked out).

Now onto cleanup and mass distribution of this update Wink.

I have already send your regards to Jet Smile
Thank TL Wink
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
Good job Lenny!

If all goes well, the Pine can finally be a viable low power desktop.
Donate BTC: 3Eav9uqXi8Nx1axb7QjK6xV4km4K9YGv9a

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand New LCD not working adamjedgar 3 6,479 03-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: simplexdan
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,911 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim