JTAG interface?
I am not asking for a connector (that would cost money)

what I am asking for is this:
  • At least Solderable pads that support JTAG
  • Make sure JTAG is enabled (some SoC companies blow fuses to disable JTAG)
  • Access to sufficent docs that are the chip specific JTAG (i.e.: Chain geometry, etc) 

Will this be available?

NOTE: I also see there are two JTAG-SEL pins, These need to be "modifiable" by some means.

Option 1: A sufficient solution would be trace on the PCB that can be cut with a razor knife (this would be zero cost) please make these large enough that a human can actually do this.

Option 2: Would be to use some zero-ohm components that can be removed or changed

Also will need documentation about what these pins do, etc - they are not well documented in the existing PDFs on the Pine64 web site (the documents say the pins exist, but do not say what the pins do)

-Duane.
(12-20-2015, 09:20 AM)duane Wrote: I am not asking for a connector (that would cost money)

what I am asking for is this:
  • At least Solderable pads that support JTAG
  • Make sure JTAG is enabled (some SoC companies blow fuses to disable JTAG)
  • Access to sufficent docs that are the chip specific JTAG (i.e.: Chain geometry, etc) 

Will this be available?

NOTE: I also see there are two JTAG-SEL pins, These need to be "modifiable" by some means.

Option 1: A sufficient solution would be trace on the PCB that can be cut with a razor knife (this would be zero cost) please make these large enough that a human can actually do this.

Option 2: Would be to use some zero-ohm components that can be removed or changed

Also will need documentation about what these pins do, etc - they are not well documented in the existing PDFs on the Pine64 web site (the documents say the pins exist, but do not say what the pins do)

-Duane.

Noted on your request. Unfortunately we didn't bring out the solder pad. If you interest to dig further, there is Allwinner SoC data sheet on the Pine64 wiki page (http://wiki.pine64.org).
Solder pads, or holes should be a priority future pcb revisions or spins.

Reason: Many developers have access to arm64 jtag tools, your bring up process will be much faster and go further if this was available.

-Duane.
(12-30-2015, 01:21 PM)duane Wrote: Solder pads, or holes should be a priority future pcb revisions or spins.

Reason: Many developers have access to arm64 jtag tools, your bring up process will be much faster and go further if this was available.

-Duane.

+1million on this.

-p
(12-31-2015, 07:30 PM)paulieg Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 01:21 PM)duane Wrote: Solder pads, or holes should be a priority future pcb revisions or spins.

-Duane.

+1million on this.

-p

I know boards have reached people already. Do you know what happened with this idea? Are there any JTAG pads on the final board?
(05-27-2016, 12:05 AM)eddyp Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 07:30 PM)paulieg Wrote:

-Duane.

+1million on this.

-p
There is no JTAG pads up to current revision due to we don't want to make change and cause any further schedule delay. in future revision, we will take JTAG pad into consideration.
I know boards have reached people already. Do you know what happened with this idea? Are there any JTAG pads on the final board?